Tom's 200g DD

tnwillia

Time to start this thread as I'm starting to buy parts leading up to getting the tank in November. This is an upgrade tank from my current RSM 250 & BC-29. The contents of both those tanks will be moving into the new 200. I've been preplanning for the last couple of months trying to get all the major bases covered on the way here.

The new tank will be a Marineland 200g Deep Dimension at 48x36x27 LxWxH. I will also be using their Monterey Cabinet & Hood.

I'll be using an Attic mounted Hoist for the hood lift that I will also DIY the control section from cable to RF Wireless for lift control. This is the first step and the Hoist & Wireless control parts are on order now. I'm really looking forward to the build up of this new tank!

tnwillia

DSC02611.jpg

I'm not a CAD expert like Juan but here are my inital plans for this new tank.

DSC02610.jpg

DSC02609.jpg

DSC02608.jpg

DSC02607.jpg

DSC02606.jpg

DSC02605.jpg

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Awesome Tom.....a DD tank should be awesome!

Following along.....and good luck!

tnwillia

Thanks everyone!

Juan, I'll put up the inital equipment list in the next day or so. I think I've got at least the big things locked down. Thanks!

steved13

PREMIUM
:woohoo: Great to see the new thread to follow, Tom.

Nice planning.

Will the MP10 work on 1/2" glass?

tnwillia

Thanks All! Steve Not sure on the Glass but I'll check, was just looking to use it if possible, Thanks

Here is the Equipment list.... always subject to change….

Tank: Marineland Monterey Deep Dimension Aquarium. 200 gallon with Stand/Canopy

Sump: 36inch ProFlex Sump Model 4 Berlin configuration.

Kent Marine Float Valve Kit for RO/DI Units (thru Sump wall for direct Top-off water.

Pumps:
Return: Sequence ReeFlo Super Dart Gold External Pump 4300gph at 0 head.
Chiller/Accessory: Sequence ReeFlo Dart External Pump 3600gph at 0 head. With the possibility of this being a Super Dart Gold also after head calculations.
Lighting: AI Sol Super Blue Module LED Light System w/ Controller 4 each

Skimmer: For now will use my LifeReef In-Sump VS2-24 rated 250Gal. Future will bring
Super Reef XP3000 External SRO-XP3000E

Reactors: I’ll continue to use my existing BR-70 & BR-110 Octopus Biopellet Reactors as needed.

Chiller: I’ll continue to use my existing JBJ Arctica Chiller 1/4 HP

RO/DI: I’ll continue to use my 2 PurelyH2O units. 150GPD for making water and 75GPD for Direct path Sump connection to eliminate ATO unit.

Hood lift System: Northern Industrial Electric Hoist — 220/440-Lb. Capacity
DIY Hoist Control Cable to Wireless control conversion: AC 110-240v 4CH RF Wireless Remote Control Transmitter & Receiver-C

Powerheads: I will continue to use my 2 Vortech MP-40W ES (side walls) and MP-10 W ES (Back wall) with Battery back-ups. Future will replace MP-10 with a 3rd MP-40 on the back wall

Tank Controller: I will continue to use my DA RKE Net for now. If DA chooses not to “better” support the AI SOL Blue LEDs with 3 channel control not just 2 as now, I’ll be changing over to APEX next year.

UV: 40 Watt (260 Gallon) Emperor Aquatics Smart UV

Ozone: Ozotech Poseidon Ozone Generator 200mg/hr (Variable Output). My minds not made up on Ozone yet.

Heater: I will continue to use my ViaAqua 300W Titanium Heater. (Which was only used 3 weeks this year)

Tank Dual Overflows: Will be built using the “BeanAnimal” configuration.

tnwillia

Vortech says 3/8" max on the MP-10 glass. I'll see what happens once I have the tank and go from there. Thanks Steve!

steved13

PREMIUM
No problem Tom, I would have liked to use my MP10s, but I remembered the glass was to thick. I never tried it though.

Are you using the BR70 for pellets or other media? I was thinking of a second BR for carbon instead of the one I'm using. I can't see a reason it wouldn't work, except maybe the carbon is to small and could slip past?

tnwillia

Hey Steve, I'm using it right now for Pellets on my BC-29. I was thinking about using it as a Carbon reactor for the Pellets. I use the BRS Carbon and it's real fine but I think it will not get thru the screen in the BR-70. I've not tried it yet but that's the plan for now. I'm trying to reuse as much of my 250 equipment as possible.

I'll try the MP-10 but doubt it will hold, Guess I'm looking for a reason for another MP-40 anyway LOL. Thanks!

jpsika08

The good thing Tom is that your MP10 can be sold pretty quickly, these pumps don't last a day when offering them.

For carbon I'm using Seachem Activated carbon which the grain is not so small, so less chance of it going through the reactor's sponge and grill and into the tank.

jpsika08

Cool,those things go off one's hand pretty quickly, I will be adding a couple more so I can have more flow over the rear of the rocks, but of course, that will happen in the far future, need to recover from all investments LOL