The MANTIS Shrimp Club!

BEELZEBOB

WHO HAS MANTIS SHRIMP?

LETS START A CLUB OR SUMTHIN!!!

lets post some pics and stuff!!!! so many people have SERIOUS missunderstandings about these guys. They are not evil doers that will erradicate everthing in your tank. these things are awsome, and probably one of the mot intellegent critters you can have in an aquarium shy of an octopus!!

so many species are available that it is indeed totally plausable to have a full reeef set up, including a stomotopod!!!

anybody got questions, im a total mantis geek! or at least i can point you in the right direction!1

i really want to rally the troops, who are my fellow mantis minions!?!?!?:rougiem:

g_smithii1.jpg

g_smithii5.jpg

TDEVIL

Re: Whos Gots A Mantis???

i had 3, one was a hitchhicker and the other 2 were OS, male and female. lost the male to a bad molt (?) and the female to a power outage where the UPS failed.

there are a few pics in my gallery

Jay

Snelly40

thought about it when i first added my fuge, was gonna put him in there just to watch, but decided against it, they are awesome thoigh

vdituri

I'll contact you when I get everything out of the 30 and into the 55.
A 30 gallon rumpus room and a mantis! I would really like to get a peacock mantis. Saw one once at the lfs.

XBwlr

I've got one! :)
His name is Henry... he lives in a 2 1/2 gallon AGA. I'm planning on setting him up in a 10 gallon soon.

He went from this...
Henry6.JPG

to this...
Henry22.JPG

I think he's a Neogonodactylus wennerae.

BEELZEBOB

sweet! i like the wenn.s a lot. cool you've had him for so long.

what lights type of lights do you use?

XBwlr

It's the Croalife Mini...Two 9 watt bulbs... one 10k the other actinic.I feed him dinner shrimp and krill, both soaked in selcon, and an occasional stomatella.

lcstorc

Those are some pretty shrimp. I can't believe how the color changed on the one. That is pretty neat.

BEELZEBOB

go for it!!!

im a plethera of stomotopod info!!! im a total geek about these lil stallions, check this out, LAST ONE IS THE BEST!!!:whstlr:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2dlV4oA_TU&mode=related&search=[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EEMeVSQWw0&mode=related&search=[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHTTIg7HY80[/youtube]

Snelly40

i really think im going to, my fuge now is too close to my return, but when i move next week i will be moving it to the other end of the fuge and it will also be bigger, and its acrylic so i say why not add one !!!

BEELZEBOB

its an oppertunity to have what i consider to be natures most perfect and effective killing machines:invisible

Snelly40

WOW, i only had time to watch one so i watched that last video and it is AMAZING!!!!

BEELZEBOB

gets into the science of cativation (SP?) ie the release of light and heat energy release by water instantly vaporizing where the mantis' rapitorial (SP?) appendages strike their prey.

neato

kathywithbirds

*rocking back and forth*

I have to go to my happy place now. *eyes glazed, focused on nothing*

:bouncebox

Kirblit

Those vids are crazy:bugout: . Makes me want to get a mantis now, just not in my reef tank. I will have an empty 12g nano now after my 125 is fully ready, hmmmmmmmm.

lcstorc

Great video. The last one was very informative. Lots of things I never knew.
Thanks for sharing info about this very interresting species of animal.