The MANTIS Shrimp Club!

Koshmar

I use to hand feed my chiragra and wennerae but I read a thread about hand feeding mantises and changed my ways. I decided to take Roy Caldwell's advice on the subject and not test my luck. Obviously I have never tried to hand feed the Squilla, imo you would have to be crazy to hand feed a spearer. Mine strikes at fish so fast you can't even see the raptorial appendages move, it's like a blur of light brown in front of it.

Koshmar

The thread was on RC. It's not necessarily the mantis that's so bad as much as the possibility of infection. That's fine if you hand feed yours, I'm not trying to condemn it. I just post my views on the subject. I do think that it can be a special moment between the mantis and their "owner". Though I think the owner part is the other way around, I mean, we serve them more than anything... Scary.

untilthen

ah true i do get whre your coming from... then again dont we serve pretty much any pet that we own... we are deffinately slaves to our tanks and corals... im pretty sure most of us do whatever it takes to place that coral where its happy no matter if its moving it around 23432423 times

Koshmar

Yeah, sometimes I worry that my N. wennerae doesn't have enough toys or "friends" in his tank with him. He gets along with a sally light foot pretty well. One of the ghost shrimp got out from my Squilla's side of the tank and decided to befriend little buddy Dallas. It came up to one of the entrances in to his home and waited near a hole. Dallas came out and said hello a little too hard! Smacked the ghost shrimp in the head and dragged it inside the rock kicking and screaming... Well so much for friends....

BEELZEBOB

okay.

someone, with a tank worthy

can gave bane for free.

goldenmean?

PM me a tank pic and spects for consideration.

i dont care about $$$$

Only Banes wellbeing