The Bluespot Club

bluespotjawfish

I still can't believe I did this. Or, that I was lucky enough to even find them. One is in a hole under a rock sticking its little head out. Still don't know where the other one is. Neither has been jumping in the tank, but the top is covered really good.

Cassette87

Bluespot, I'm glad to hear that you were able to get a new pair of them!! I'm just curious what size tank you have, and what you are using to cover the tank, as I saw two of these little guys at the LFS today and was dying to take one home!

bluespotjawfish

The club is looking forward to many new members! We need have a naming contest for our new babies. For now, BS #1 found the same hole as the last one, against the glass - yippee! BS #2 is settled about 10" away from BS #1 under the rock (no digging required) below my hammer corals. He is more difficult to see.

Cassette - My tank is a 125 gallon, I fully cover it with glass (cut plastic to fit around all the tubes in the back). Your 29 gallon should be large enough, depending on what else you have in it.

Make sure you post your entry for two names! This will keep everyone occupied until they get their own BS!

Last edited:

bluespotjawfish

I have an aragonite base, about 3-4" deep. Here are the new twins. BS #2has more black on its face and is under the rock. I also get to peek at him from behind the rock, but this is the best photo I could sneek for now.

So what are their names going to be?

Attachments

• m0014754BS1.jpg
    m0014754BS1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 191
  • M0014780BS2.JPG
    M0014780BS2.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 190

billyr98

Looks like the Bluespot Club doesn't have any members for now. I think I will be waiting a while before I replace mine. Keep me posted though.

Well i am glad you didnt wait.. I love following this thread... I hope to have one- one day.. But I finally have sand in my system but its in my 67g frag tank...

They will jump right? I have no top on the tank...

bluespotjawfish

Billy, yes they will jump when they are scared. If they aren't scared, they hang out in their hole in the bottom of the tank. But they are very quick and you may not notice that they jumped out until it is too late to do anything about it. I have seem them in fish stores in finer sand than what I have, but usually with some PVC in the tank. Mine have usually preferred to build with empty shells than anything else.

Update this am - BS #1 has moved from his place to BS #2's place under the rock. BS #2 is missing in action so far. Hope he is okay! Blue and Spot are very cute names, anyone have any others? The contest will end this weekend. If you win you get karma!

Cassette87

They look amazing! I'm happy to see them doing alright! I only have about 2.5 average depth of substrate, 3" in some places, all though mine is aragonite as well. suppose I won't be getting any jawfish :(

bluespotjawfish

Cassette - They would do fine with 2.5" as long as there are shells.

Witt -You were right, I shouldn't have tried to name them. BS #2 didn't make it. I don't think the other one attacked him. He looked different from the beginning and I almost didn't buy him because of that. They weren't established at the LFS and had just come in. I would guess it was just too much for him. Should have trusted my instincts.

BS #1 has moved to a new hole, his other hole is too close to the anenome when it wants to spread it's tenacles. Can't see him very well where he is at. He's still cute though. He needs lots of karma!!!

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I put an order in at my LFS today for a BSJ. They will call me when it arrives. I feel like an expectant father! Wish me luck.:bouncer:

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
IMO, as a founding member of the Blue Spot Club, zebra can be an honorary member. We'll overlook his black and white stripes for his nice smile and cute little face.