Snelly's 90 ZEOvit TANK BUILD

Snelly40

ok guys, i've decided to start a brand new thread for my new build. I will be posting pictures to this thread and updates from the most recent build i have. As I am converting it to a Zeo tank and have just finished my cycle with all new equipment i figured it was time to retire my old thread. Sorry if some of these pics and posts are repeats but i'll have a few new pics this evening as all my Zeo equipment just arrived!! Thanks for tagging along and i'm excited to share my progress with you guys. Thanks to @Frankie and @Wrangy for the expertise and advise in switching to zeo and to @Pat24601 for the constant support.

Last edited:

Snelly40

ok so here is my 90 gal with stand and canopy

1 - fts empty.JPG

i added a new cabinet to the left to house my electronics and ATO and random tank additives and foods...

2 - new setup 2-23-15.jpeg

first new aquascape, i went with a different approach this time, more caves and more of a horizontal scape, all the rocks on the base layer are actually on the glass with the sand filled in around them. I did this for stability and more of a realistic look. The Jawfish should love it... I went with black sand, with no lights on it doesnt pop as much but i really like it, justhave to keep the rocks clean as it makes them look dirty here...
3 - ftf 2-20.jpg

a few shrimp to start my cycle...
4 - cycle.JPG

and my new Aqueon Proflex Model4 sump.. thing is huuuuuuge!!!
5 proflex.JPG

speaking of huge, this collection cup for my new skimmer is a monster, i have it in the middle chamber of my sump sitting in 9" of water...
6 aquamaxx1.JPG

It's an AquaMaxx EM200... bubbles like a boss!!
7 aquamaxx3.JPG

New ReefRadiance LED lights, they are the 165p+ lights and i control them through wifi and an app on my phone.. they are amazing!
8 lights arriving.JPG

the only downside is that my camera cant handle the brightness, the tank is so clear
9.1 fts new lights 2-27 2.JPG

The Zeo reactor just arrived so when i get home from work i'll take some pics and hook that baby up!!!

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Looking good Snelly! :) Hopefully you enjoy the system as much as we do!

You're off to a great start and hopefully good things are to come :D sing out if you have any questions though :)

sirrealism

Thanks. I have been watching both of there systems. I know it can be pricey and with the fact that my new system is going to be 300g display with a 135g sump I am concerned about cost. This is the only reason I have not done it already. I have done some reading on it and I like it. I really want to use Glenns DSL system but getting the products in the states is just to much of a PITA so the next best thing is Zeo. IMO

Snelly40

alrighty... got my ZeoVit reactor last night and a mini clean up crew...

first off, if you are thinking about anything from Vertex, get it, wow, the packaging alone was just out of this world and I cant say enough about the quality.

reactor box.JPG reactor2.JPG
and the first snail to make it up the glass haha
snail.JPG

Snelly40

6d90761da7410e4f5881e9e5db73c4a6.jpg

Aaaaaand we're flowing!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oxylebius

Haha, funny. I always find it interesting what people call things in other countries. I googled 'ute' and found this: A ute – an abbreviation for "utility" or "coupé utility" – is a term used originally in Australia and New Zealand to describe passenger vehicles with a cargo tray in the rear.