Reefmack's RSM 130

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Thanks Eddie & David!

Anthony - the first (long branch) Xenia I got has really grown. It's stuck "out on a limb" on a long dead branch of coral, and since they don't grow towards shade is stuck there LOL! The white (supposedly pom pom) I got next didn't do well at all, was shrinking and not growing, so I got rid of it.

redsea reefer

You're welcome Terry! My Xenia has gotten alot bigger and the whole colony has moved up about 4 in and my Shrimp has eggs again. What about yours?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Hi Eddie. Haven't checked my shrimp lately. It was carrying a second batch of egg the last time I looked. Never have seen the hatch in the RSM yet, only in my little 6G tank. I'd like to replace my long branch Xenia with some good pom pom - stuck out on a limb again! Watch out Eddie - you may end up with colonies all over the place! :)

redsea reefer

Hi Terry - I also missed the first hatch, maybe this time I won't. If my Xenia end up all over the place, that's fine with me. I don't think I will be adding anymore coral anyway so they can fill out the empty spots and hopefully don't take out any coral in the process, if they do, Then its war, probably not though LOL...

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Very pretty tank !!!
1085.gif

Is the bright blue yellowtail damsel agressive?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Glenn - my yellowtail is very peaceful. He at times gets a bit "annoyed" with new fish, but gets used to them fast and has never harmed anything. Extremely bright blue fish for only $5 at the LFS a couple years ago. My tang is more aggressive than the yellowtail.

Anthony - I thought you had some Xenia?

Tom - no - do you know of a Xenia that doesn't spread? :) Actually my latest one didn't - it didn't do well at all. Might have never recovered from shipping. I've heard some say they can be poor shippers. The ones I've picked up at the LFS have always done well - too well.

tnwillia

Same here. They are beautiful but I want one that only grows a little, so I guess I'll be happy without them. Thanks!

Thank you Terry for the many evenings of enjoyment I've spent going through your thread right from the beginning. Your reefkeeping knowledge is unsurpassed and your tank is a true inspiration to others!
Have you ever considered writing a book on the subject?:fishy2: :fishy2: :fishy2: :fishy2: :fishy2:

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
scorpio - thanks! I'll trade my tank for yours any day! :) I'll consider writing the book LOL!

Thanks Dean, Tammy - scraping was worth the work - I just wish it would last a long time!

Nowellsy SNR

Terry i did but i got rid i didnt like the way it was growing plus didnt look right with the flow i have in my tank im slowly learning what corals are suited best to my setup