Rearing Picasso Percula Clownfish!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Spawn#4 - larvae is now 8 days old!

Spawn #4 is showing their first white band already :dance: at 8 days old!

Look closely :D

200807194Larvae8daysold0011.jpg

200807194Larvae8daysold001.jpg

200807194Larvae8daysold0012.jpg

200807194Larvae8daysold0013.jpg

Woodstock

RS STAFF
I ran out of rotifers yesterday so I am curious to see if #4 develops differently from #3 being fed only nauplii and powdered flake this early.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
No. I'll order a large bag from Welcome to Reef Nutrition once I know if the itsy-bitsy white bugs aren't harming the rotifers.

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/livestock-breeding/34155-oh-no-rotifer-crash.html

Woodstock said:
I either cleaned my rotifer culture containers too well (very possible) or there is an infestation of bad bugs in it.

With my 10x magnifying glass I can just barely see the 300+ per ml of tiny white/clear bugs.
They are a fraction of the size of a rotifer and I can just barely see them with the 10xglass.
They move in a constant zigzag movement towards one direction (down or up).
There are millions upon millions of these tiny white bugs for every 1 rotifer :(

Are they injuring the rotifers?

michael_cb_125

Well I abesolutely Suck. how have I missed this?
I just spent way to much time at work reading all 35 pages, I am a bad boy. I want like 47. Not 45 not 50...47. Sounds like a good number to me. HaHa.
I have so many questions, but I know you are busy, so I will refrain from asking. They are so cute!!!! Way to go Woodstock (I mean Mamma Clown)
~Michael

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Well I abesolutely Suck. how have I missed this?
I just spent way to much time at work reading all 35 pages, I am a bad boy. I want like 47. Not 45 not 50...47. Sounds like a good number to me. HaHa.
I have so many questions, but I know you are busy, so I will refrain from asking. They are so cute!!!! Way to go Woodstock (I mean Mamma Clown)
~Michael

LOL Michael :grind: Thanks for taking the time to read it all... now get to work :p

Frankie

RS STAFF
Oh my goodness! 36 pages already! I need a recap Doni! I think having more mods has freed up to much of your time~ :)

Woodstock

RS STAFF
I think there are several with dots under the eyes....
One with a dot under the left eye,
one with a dot under the right eye,
And today I saw one with two dots - one under each eye!

Woodstock

RS STAFF
It would be safe to say 25% are picassos but possibly more. It seems the ones with a lot of crazy white like the very back of the tank so it is tough to get them in a group shot.

lcstorc

More incredible growth pics. I can't wait to watch them continue to develop. You can already pick out individual markings on different ones. That is so cool.