Post your RSM 250 Mods Here!

tnwillia

You said yours had a screw hole, that will work, just don't trust the stickies to hold long. Think about your placement in terms of checking/changing the batteries often and easily. Have fun!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
After my stick on kept falling off and corroding inside I went back to a waterproof LED flashlight. :)

tnwillia

You couls also get a cheap LED clamp-on AC light from Lowe's and mount it on the back cabinet opening and forget the batteries.

sabor

hello all!! I'm new to RS. I was just checking out the mods done to the RSM 250 and I must say, I love all the mods on here!!!!!! I have an RSM 250 as well. 2 months in. I did some mods to it and would like any advice you guys want to share.

P.S. Tom, can you please tell me where did you get the customize tubes for the rsm 250 (the tube that connects for the 2 pumps)? I need that! :) thanks!

Will post pics of my setup in about 15 minutes :p

sabor

hello all,

this is my rsm 250 with a few mods. i will be adding a calc reactor geo 612 soon for my sps collection. no chiller needed since my room runs cool and I have a fan inside for cooling purposes. it is stable around 77-79.5 degrees through the day.

365245904_o.jpg

365245918_o.jpg

365245930_o.jpg

365245939_o.jpg

365245943_o.jpg

365245953_o.jpg

365245966_o.jpg

365245972_o.jpg

365245975_o.jpg

365245983_o.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
sabor - :welcomera to Reef Sanctuary and the RSM Club! Start a tank thread for us so we can follow along with you as your tank develops! :) Nice setup! How do you like the Marineland skimmer?

sabor

sabor - :welcomera to Reef Sanctuary and the RSM Club! Start a tank thread for us so we can follow along with you as your tank develops! :) Nice setup! How do you like the Marineland skimmer?

already started a separate thread! didnt know an rsm club existed!

the marineland skimmer is great. the skimmate isnt bad at all. It outperforms the stock one on the rsm for sure, but dont expect it to do the job like the other bigger, more expensive models do though. only reason why I got that is because it fits my sump perfectly. :)

sabor

Here are the loc-line links. How did you work your center support to be able to get a sump thru it? Your work looks great!

1/2" LocLine Modular Piping & Fittings

Loc-Line Type of Modular Hose System - 1/2"

thanks for the loc line info! I saw your thread and was really interested. You have a great setup yourself!

My friend who is a civil engineer and builds bridges for a living was the culprit of this crazy design. He told me the support was not necessary as it already has the backbone to handle the weight. Kind of like a bridge he said.

brookejk

Just fitted a Deltec MC500

Hi all new to marines so any advice welcome ! having read a bit i decided to go for the max 250 in silver.It has been running for nearly 3 weeks now and i have added 40kg fiji live rock florida pink live sand mixed with florida crushed shell to about 1.2 inches deep.Live stock sofar is a few turbo snails and hermit crabs 1 blue leg crab and 2 cleaner shrimp.All seems to be going ok levels seem ok but my sand and lower rocks seem to have gone a bit brown and i am now getting alge on the glass so have turnd the lights down to a 7 hr cycle would this help ?.I also soon discoverd that the skimmer was noisey so fitted a Deltec mc500 wich i suppose will take a few days to bed in so hope this will help.The next thing i would like to do is fit a chiller but i was wondering if puting a steriliser in the loop with it is a good idea and thoughts?.

Jim

ckoni

My mod !! Finaly i did it !!

Skimmer bbm nac 6
osmolator Tunze
Overflow box Tunze
One Tunze Pump wich replace the small one (1500 l/h)
Now my red sea max 250 is more quiet and the skimmer work like hell !!!
DSCN6024.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN6030.jpg

DSCN6025.jpg

DSCN6026.jpg

DSCN6028.jpg