Post your RSM 250 Mods Here!

Max250

Bobi, it sounds like you have it the wrong way round. I did that once and it stuck solid. It took me a while to remove it. The sliding plastic part should be to the outside (facing right).

Bobi1956

Well go figure - only time I was trying to remove it was with hood fully open - I didn't cut the whole ring off I can still grab it - I guess my claim to dumb fame is that I can now remove mine both ways LOL - with hood fully open or with skimmer flap open

Bobi1956

I wonder if confucious said "purpose of mod thread is to also discuss modifications before whacking away !!!!" lmao

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Bob...I'll hold my hand up too, I was having trouble removing it with the hood open too until someone on these forums said to just open the skimmer flap. I stopped short of modding it though :smack: I only put it in for a couple of hours after doing any maintenance.

deanodoc

Hi thought i would share this mod with you its a hydor flo deflector to fit on the r.h outlet of the rsm 250 works quite well hope this video link works

Bobi1956

This is a RSM 250 Cabinet Mod - I put one of these on each side of the inside of my cabinet and voila - I can see my stuff !!!! Purchased at Home Depot for $14 for a pair.

LEDLights.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Is that the self stick, press on lights? I have a similar one in my 130 cabinet. They are nice!

Bobi1956

yes runs on three AAA batteries and has two lighting levels and is stick on, clip on or can be permanently attached with one screw. I used the velcro stick on pads that came with them

tnwillia

Bob, keep an eye on it for a while, I tried one a little heavier with stick-ons in my cabinet. Came home from work to learn what sump saltwater will do to AAA batteries in 8 hours. Luckly i didn't loose anything. Have fun!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Bob, keep an eye on it for a while, I tried one a little heavier with stick-ons in my cabinet. Came home from work to learn what sump saltwater will do to AAA batteries in 8 hours. Luckly i didn't loose anything. Have fun!

Had the same happen to my stick on in the cabinet - you can't see the salt mist but it's in there!