Playa's Reef

Maxx

I'm 12 years old. I find great humor in body noises.
LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Luis, Looks awesome man, cant wait til you get that badboy stocked and looking better thann your 65!
Keep up the beautiful pics,
Nick

Looking good Luis. Its been a big project for ya, and its finally coming together. Congrats. Can't wait to see more pics.

Being from Miami, I'd love to go up to Palm Beach and check it out one day. I'm sure it'll be one of the best.

DS
(Jim)

Playa

Thanx everyone for the encouragement!

Alberto I used 100 pounds of live sand. It covers the bottom about an inch to an inch and a half.

dgasmd

Thanks Luis.
I was wondering if t was not too much trouble, if you could post some pictures of your Ca reactor from different angles. I am very curious about them and given a handfull of people have then, chances are I am not seing one in person anytime soon. I ask because I think I saw in the picture above that it was not hooked up and running yet.

Thanks,
Alberto

Playa

Alberto no problem. The CR is not plumbed yet so this evening when I get home I will take a few shots from different angles. I am hoping to have it up and running by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Luis

TDEVIL

thanks for the update, cant wait to see whats next;)

and your plumbing looks nice and neat, and everything is clean, that takes me back:)

great job so far

keep us posted:D

TD

tankgirl

Luis, Wow!!! The stand and canopy are beautiful & superb craftsmanship! The plumbing and electrical look so well-planned and clean. It's a stunning tank and setup. I'm so thrilled for you and happy. Looking forward to seeing the progress. I know it will be an incredible system. Thanks so much for posting the pics!

Playa

Thanx Tdevil and TG

Alberto here is some pictures of the Reactor. This is the PF 600s model.

Attachments

• refug3.jpg
    refug3.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 154

SaltyQueen

This is an amazing setup- I can't wait to see your tank "grow", so be sure to post lots of pics along the way! :)

Last edited:

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
lookin great playa, can't wait to get some feedback on that skimmer,was thinking about the euro-reef, or ASM;)

Playa

Thanx Saltyqueen :)

Wit I sure do. But I dont miss the cold:)

Cheeks I did not think it was worth to spend an extra $300 for the Euroreef. They are the same identical skimmer with same technology and pump, they are just made out of different materials. I doubt the skimmer will unglue or melt and I dont plan in dropping it:) if you know what I mean. If they perform different from one to another it would be a different thing.

The ASM G4 is rated for 450 gallons I believe. If you have the extra cash to spend in the Euroreef is ok, but I decided to invest a little more on the Calcium Reactor than the Skimmer.

:)

Luis

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
sounds great playa, I wanted to save some money myself that's why I wanted to see how it performs for ya. keep us posted ;)