OT: How's the weather?

BoomerD

It's a nice "comfortable" 99 here right now. Humidity in the mid-20% range, so it's not TOO unbearable. Of course, it's a nice comfortable 77 inside under the A/C...

When we first moved here in 1987 from Wyoming, I went to work in a flannel shirt and light Carhartt jacket. Temps dropped into the low 30's and everyone was wearing Carhartt winter weight coveralls or bib-overalls and coats, snivelling about how cold it was...I called them all a bunch of sissies. (ok, I used a slightly less polite word than sissy) Fast forward a few years, and I'm the one wearing the Carhartt Arctic wear coveralls and jacket when it drops into the low 30's...I dun bin Californicated. :)
It always cracks me up though, in the winter, people have on parkas...over shorts and tennis shoes.

We've been here 21 years, and for Christmas 1997, my wife talked me into driving up into the Sierra Nevada mountains to where they stop plowing the roads for the winter. She wanted to see some snow on Christmas day...
So, it's only about 80-90 miles, so off we go. I take my Carhartts and our Sorel boots...(I remember the snow...not too fondly) We weren't there much more than an hour, and she was ready to leave. "BRRR!" she says, "Now I remember why we live where it doesn't snow!"
I made her stay most of the day...we walked in the trees, (something we both miss here. All we have in the valley are almond trees) she made a couple of snow angels, we threw a few snowballs, all the usual kiddie snow things. Then, I shoveled the back of my pick-up full of snow and we went home. The next day, I unloaded the snow, and we built a snowman in our front yard. In our shirt sleeves. :D

rlcline76

That is a cool story, BoomerD.

Unfortunately, the likeliness of me staying in the desert and not having to acclimate is next to nil. I've been trying to escape this place since 2005, and since I have acclimated...it'll just make the next place miserable.

...But I sure want trees and grass, awesome places to camp, crap to do...

Craig Manoukian

Well I've been telling you all about the little slice of heaven I reside. The evening here is fabulous.

Here are some pictures to validate my claims.

Me hanging out on the patio.

IMG_3904_edited.JPG

My patio.

IMG_3892.JPG

My view of the Marina with the sun setting.

IMG_3920_edited.JPG

dianezoo

Ok we just had more rain today than all of last years monsoon season. The I-60 was flooded today and people were out of their cars in both directions just wading around. Shopping parking lots were lakes! The rain just came all at once in like 20 minuntes. The ground is so hard from having no rain all year it just dosent go anywhere when it does come down. 102 high today low 83 with humidity 76. as humid as it gets for us. Tomorrow will be 102.

rlcline76

Well I've been telling you all about the little slice of heaven I reside. The evening here is fabulous.

Here are some pictures to validate my claims.

Me hanging out on the patio.

IMG_3904_edited.JPG

My patio.

IMG_3892.JPG

My view of the Marina with the sun setting.

IMG_3920_edited.JPG

:smirk:
If I could just sit half naked outside without becoming crispy...

What a life!

rlcline76

Open invitation for all visitors!

:ponder2:
Yeah....OK.
But why is it that I am hearing my mother's voice in my head telling me to keep my clothes on???? :confused: Wow, I am catching a whole lecture in my head. I've got her saying Rebecca Lynn... and then something about not being lady-like.
Anyone grow up with a demanding mom? lol

glampka

:ponder2:
Yeah....OK.
But why is it that I am hearing my mother's voice in my head telling me to keep my clothes on???? :confused: Wow, I am catching a whole lecture in my head. I've got her saying Rebecca Lynn... and then something about not being lady-like.
Anyone grow up with a demanding mom? lol

Sure it's your mother your hearing & not some grade school nun? Sounds like that Catholic upbringing coming back to haunt you!!

Sunny & breezy today & a bit cooler.

sambrinar

very nice Craig. currently 70 degrees at 800am, humidity 87%, sun shining brightly. Another strom comming in tonight to cool it off.

rlcline76

Sure it's your mother your hearing & not some grade school nun? Sounds like that Catholic upbringing coming back to haunt you!!

Sunny & breezy today & a bit cooler.

LOL
I don't know what happen to me! My mom was a good mom, but for some reason my brothers and I never took her seriously.

rlcline76

This is what I have to say...I've seen some of his pics and he could put most guys to shame!

Partly cloudy today. I haven't stepped outside yet. Probably warm and humid. We've been get lightning every night. Makes for a decent show.

thelastmucci

To Craig...I sincerely apologize man...I was saying it in a joking way from the other site when we were all talking about Pecs and it just went off in a tangent....that picture reminded of it (not of the bad pecs....believe me it def. looks like you work out.) I was not ROFLMAO at you..just the whole notion of another "pecs" thread. I hope there are no hard feelings.

I'm going to go sit in the corner now...I'll be back later on, once time out is over.