OK Two new 75 Starfire tanks on the way and lots of possibilities and money.

Basile

Fish updates

Yes yes i know qt tanks, well these were from a friend who had them for a while and they were in perfect health. And the seahorses 6" in lenght well a local breather had them ,and in pairs of mates, already heating mysis and brine so how can you let this occasion pass by.

Sorry for the glare i'm still in the market for a lens in particular an orange lens for the blue tank glare.

Best buddies in their tank why not take the two of them right away...

Photo249.jpg

What i like about these two fish is that they're buddies already , they swim together all the time . I'll find out in time who's the boss i guess

Photo250.jpg

My schooling chromis

Photo270.jpg

Photo290.jpg

See the little red critter on the left side thats the one who poke my horse. i was very surprise.

Photo277.jpg

Photo278.jpg

Photo281.jpg

Photo282.jpg

The one in the fore front is a male with the smooth curved belly ; its the females who have a , well beer belly, round with a curved up pouch.

Photo283.jpg

One of my Hammers

Photo287.jpg

Photo291.jpg

Frogspawn a rare one i was told.... they're all rare according to them lol.

Photo288.jpg

The right side of my sculpture will be filled with diffrent Hammers and frogspawn.

Photo298.jpg

Photo357.jpg

Photo358.jpg

Photo359.jpg

Photo362.jpg

The Tonga forest

Photo365.jpg

Photo366.jpg

Photo367.jpg

The two flying away; When i get that lens it 'll make all the difference that shot.

Photo301.jpg

Photo304.jpg

Those aren't bubbles by the way its pods all over.

Photo306.jpg

Photo308.jpg

Seen the elegant urchin up there upper left.

Photo309.jpg

Spike me lol; He's enjoying himseld and with impunity, the fish can't go near this thing now lol

Photo310.jpg

Photo311.jpg

Photo312.jpg

Thats his best side lol

Photo327.jpg

I'm flying , i'm flying.....he made that turn so quick that was a fluke!

Photo330.jpg

The entry cave and they come out the other

Photo345.jpg

And exit from the other

Photo372.jpg

Photo373.jpg

Photo377.jpg

I love when they race and go around the stalactite thats why i made it so the fish can swim around it it validate my efforts, it so just so KOOL!!!!!

Photo369.jpg

Photo347.jpg

Photo348.jpg

Photo350.jpg

Mister, mister mister mister bubble!!!

Photo384.jpg

Photo386.jpg

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Absolutely awesome update mate!!! The tank already looks absolutely stunning :D I can't even comprehend what it's going to look like once you've fully stocked it :)
You seriously do have one amazing setup!

Basile

Super update, as always! Loving your tank.

Thanks , i'll have better pictures when i get my new lenses, for my cam, i need to find a good orange or brown filter, that filters and brings out the true colors of the tank as we see it in real life. The digital cam doesn't render those real colors yet it need help. i can't really convey the colors of my corals to my friends for trade yet because of that. So i'm missing opportunities here. No its not cheating because when they see it in person noe they say wow they're not at all like the pictures, thats because i haven't my correcting lenses yet and the colors are flat. Specially when the actinis are on ; its all blue, you can't see the great colors, the filters will change that just like your eye do. Not too expensive a good lens, $ 90.

Absolutely awesome update mate!!! The tank already looks absolutely stunning :D I can't even comprehend what it's going to look like once you've fully stocked it :)
You seriously do have one amazing setup!

Right now i'm playing with currents, water flows and lighting periods, trying to find and understand my system i guess everybody goes through it .I've reduced my Razors to 60% to avoid tissu recession some other corals were not opening up as they should. The new lens available at Marinescape next week will spread the light at 120o and reduce the focal point and PAR a bit so it wont be as strong on the coral Keith explained to me. Better for the tank and corals.

Basile

Refugium Updates

Well asides from the new seahorses i made a getto feeding station for them plus i added a few new Macro's $307 worth of it, not cheap these macro's....

From a simple container with the hamerhead magnet, this thing has to do more than one thing at that price....... so its holding the feeding station.

Photo401.jpg

This male Hippocampus erectus is waiting his turn has the female is vacuming the inside of the box.

Photo402.jpg

This set up is perfect; i don't have to stop any pumps and the mysis is trapped inside the box. The waterflow can't blow it away. So the seahorses can eat at leisure all day as they would in nature. Its not terribly groovy looking but it works, so thats good for me.

Photo404.jpg

This type of box was of ridgid plastic not suited for cutting really so it cracked badly. I'm a bit concern about safety for my horses but they seem vey proficient at grabing things and avoiding injuries.

Photo405.jpg

As you can see, they're mituculus and deliberate in their search.

Photo406.jpg

The waiting area a finger gorgonia. Grows fairely quick in the right conditions.

Photo412.jpg

I had to give him a job he was making me nuts....

Photo400.jpg

Here we go, told ya, not 5 minutes he's sleeping on the job!!

Photo399.jpg

Oh here's the other trainee...

Photo397.jpg

Coming out after 40 minutes

Photo415.jpg

This guy's trying to get a free meal deal, what a tronc!!!

Photo417.jpg

Photo418.jpg

Photo419.jpg

The new Macro's

Photo118-1.jpg

Cymopolia Barbata

Photo146-2.jpg

Photo224.jpg

Photo225-1.jpg

Photo223.jpg

Photo222.jpg

Photo219.jpg

Ulva

Photo218.jpg

Coraline hard

Photo214.jpg

Gracilaria sp

Photo212.jpg

Coraline soft

Photo211-1.jpg

Dragon's breath

Photo210-1.jpg

Photo187-1.jpg

Seahorses side

Photo207-1.jpg

Photo205.jpg

Photo203.jpg

Angler' side

Photo206-2.jpg

Photo201-1.jpg

Photo196-2.jpg

Gracilaria parvispora

Photo195-1.jpg

Codium, dead man fingers

Photo191-1.jpg

Photo190-1.jpg

Tufted Joint Algae Cymopolia Barbata

Photo189-1.jpg

Eucheuma Spinosum Macro Algae

Photo188-1.jpg

Photo185-2.jpg

Ogo Macro Algae (Gracilaria parvispora)

Photo186-2.jpg

Willie McDaries

wow, Basile, you've came a long ways since my last visit, congrats man, everything is looking great, love the refugeum and the horses :)

Basile

wow, Basile, you've came a long ways since my last visit, congrats man, everything is looking great, love the refugeum and the horses :)

Thanks i'm now at $17 000 with this set up lol Just got my upgrade lens for my Razors the 120o to replace the 90o ones better coverage, wider, and the par gets from 38" to 31", my tank is 21" so i'm good plu my light are only at 50% cause i was bleaching , so no my corals are so expanded that i can raise them a bit to 55% and it'll be perfect.

Basile

I didn't spend that much in all my 42 years of reefing. :ofr:

Well slaving on a ship and retired i hough to myself, self your worth it, nobody else is going to give it to you, certainly not the goverment, so instead of the goverment stealing it from me , why not steal it from myself before the goverment does it anyway, no?, lol

Basile

Basile, if its what you love then do it. People spend thousands on sports cars or worse. It's the same thing, its what you get the most enjoyment from. Money is only a means of trading your skills for enjoyment lifestyle of your choice.

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...an accountant who pays attention to details..

Wolffman64

Re: The fish , the cats, the flow

Mate, love your simple way of "measuring the flow!!! I will go home and do the same tonight. Very clever and simple.

Love the "sculpture"!

Basile

Re: The fish , the cats, the flow

Mate, love your simple way of "measuring the flow!!! I will go home and do the same tonight. Very clever and simple.

Love the "sculpture"!

Thanks; got the idea from the car advertising actually when they measure aerodynamics in the wind tunnels lol.

Basile

Still on the pill

Those who think i've done this all by myself , are wrong, i had lots of help.I wanted to do this the natural way all the way , natural cycle 6 to 8 weeks bla, bla ,blah, but faith interviened and i was forced into a situation where i had to choose between loosing my seeding fuge and my first quarantine fishes or do the artificial insimination of the tank with a product called;
"Prodibio Start Up" . Which i did on Dec 27 and on dec 28 i was able to put my fishes in the tank. The tank had been seeded and cycled with bacteria and stabilised to receive fish. Of course nothing is that simple. I still have to dose a regime of bacteria for a few months until the system is completely stable. and flourishing on its own. This is what this post is about. No agent can claim to render your tank habitable within 12 hours without a follow up. Which i'm doing right now. The Prodibio is a very efficient merchandise and well thought product from France. http://www.prodibio.com/

After the initial dosage of 30 vials of the Start Up product to cycle the tank i'm following for 6 days with equal amount of Biotim ; which are Nutients for Marine Bacteria, and Biogest ; which are living Marine Bacteria .

Then i let 2 weeks past before dosing 5 vials of each for 3 cycles that means 6 weeks, then i dose the rest 1 vial of each every day , that will bring me to March . So the tank is still under a suppevised cycle regime if you will . With living creatures in it . And doing well i might say.

I just dosed this morning;

Photo272.jpg

Photo264-2.jpg

Photo263-1.jpg

Photo249-1.jpg

2 days worth

Photo228.jpg

Photo225-1.jpg

Photo222.jpg

The Ulva is being disintegrated by the pods, they're eating it like crazy. Even after i dosed some Phyto.

Photo218.jpg

I got some nice hard coraline cluster, just for the hell of it.

Photo214.jpg

This is soft coraline algae cluster

Photo211-1.jpg

When i received it some of them were very fragile, had to use the tools lol

Photo074-1.jpg

Photo073-1.jpg

Drying the rock with compressed air.

Photo072-1.jpg

I have theses pictures in reverse don't i lol the set up.....

Photo070-2.jpg

Photo069-1.jpg

Photo377.jpg

Photo327.jpg

Photo291.jpg

Photo283.jpg

Basile

Re: Still on the pill

I didn't know you were a fish dentist too, you have so much talent Basile :)

Ya i've been observing the cleaner fish and said hey i can do that too ....lol; so for a few $$ i took that at Princess Auto and whent with it lol.:;)

tumblr_inline_mgy5e8i4uj1r44js7.gif

Basile

Dying Starfish report

Whatch report;

[video=youtube;2_I_B6U0GtI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_I_B6U0GtI[/video]

Basile

Two products

Well i found these 2 products that are specific to macro's , helpfull to corals as well in some fashion but one is design for macroalgae.

This one contains, Manganese, not Magnesium as i had to tell the clerk 25 times and still couldn't spell it....Probably left high school too fast... Manganese for algae ( Mn) on the periodic table a transition metal, Magnesium for corals, (Mg) an Alki earth metal,

7953.jpg

Well my research has brought me to these two components, their were others but over dosing is not a good idea. I've contacted the seller of my macroalgae and they're sending their parameters at which they keep their stocks to help me keep mine. Imagine that having water too clean lol.

And iodine and iodide for your red macroalgaes before they loose their bright red colors.

15623.jpg

Willie McDaries

I use the Kent Marine Iron & Manganese periodically in my tank Basile, I have no way of testing for it's content in my water so I dosed sparingly but it seems to help with Chaeto, I have dosed Iodide too but again, I've never tested for it so I've only dosed it a time or 2 , I use the Kent marine essential elements too, and a bit more often than anything else, but still sparingly since I don't test for most of the things it's supposed to replenish....

I think Kent Marine makes some great products but if you can't test for the elements you are adding, use caution when dosing, all their bottles have a recommended dosage but I rarely ever dose that much of any of their products, I usually cut their suggested amount into 1/4 or 1/2 the dosage and dose less often than they recommend :)

20771_600w600h.png