OK Two new 75 Starfire tanks on the way and lots of possibilities and money.

Basile

New participants and update

Yes i have a few new participants one that i forgot to take a picture of before he got eaten, one that i forgot to take a picture before i lost him and one that i took a picture after he eat one of them.

Here's the mug shot of the killer. A Dwarf Fuzzy Lionfish in my Angler pen. The Angler pen is called the Angler pen because it was suppose to have an Angler in it but , the bugger is late to show up at the LFS or i should say the right one, a yellow colored one like this

Yellow-Wartskin-Anglerfish.jpg

So this is what in the pen right now the Dwarf Fuzzy Lion fish.

Photo443.jpg

This is after he ate a moly i had just acclimated and put in. Thinking id have time to put my rosie in and he'd go for the rosie first and then go for the moly second when ever he's be hungry, in a week or so......Thats not what happened. He came out of nowhere , because i didn't know where he was, and within 10 second it was over. Didn't have time to shoot him with the camera, i didn't see him swallow the moly it was too fast.

Photo482.jpg

You can see the tail of the moly comming out of his mouth here

Photo483.jpg

Photo484.jpg

Photo485.jpg

This fish is a stalker just like the Angler so they'll have fun in the bush, the difference is that this one swims when he sees his prey. In nature he reaches, 7" but in tanks 4" is usually the max i'm told. I fed him a live one to make him comfy for the first time because freshwater fish in the long run will harm him, the lungs and liver in particular. So next meal will be raw chop up shrimps and with tongues he'll accept pellets i'm told they're quite easy to train.

Photo486.jpg

My concerne this time was the size of the prey, they choke sometimes on them and die. This morning he was perched again. he loves tha backwall, nooks and crannys.

Photo487.jpg

I think my urchin is developping a twisted sense of humour, just like mine....or he wants to show off since its the Olympics....Took my Halimeda right off the bottom roots and all....

Photo488.jpg

Photo490.jpg

An new elegance in my main tank

Photo446.jpg

Photo445.jpg

Photo454.jpg

Remember my purple vase sponge, she was all brown during my diatom algae bloom

Photo371.jpg

She cleared up

Photo452.jpg

So his most of the tank . Thanks to my Urchins and 4 and only 4 trochus snails. Why only 4, did i say 4, because 10 of those had totally eaten my macro's $ 197 worth of algaes and then died after. So 4 i wont say it enough , don't buy to many or they'll starve to dead after their work is done. I have a 150 Gallons with a 6 foot long backwall with nooks and crannys and some rocks on the sand and they cleaned it out in a week only 4 of them , so don't waste your money with dozens of them; thats all i'm saying lol. So in the nex few pictures you'll see the before and after. 4.......

Photo386.jpg

Photo385.jpg

Photo381-1.jpg

Photo467.jpg

Photo468.jpg

Photo457.jpg

Photo461.jpg

Photo456.jpg

This use to be all brown ; i have a sailfin blenny, can't get him still enough for a shot, but he's working great on the wall too. Some of my stock list change according to the tank's need. With that much rockwall a herbivore was innevitable. I still will have a goby, and the missing picture is of the pistol shrimp , i can't locate her. Small and blind. I found my emerald crab behind my big sculpture eating and happy so he's alright.

Photo470.jpg

Photo469.jpg

I change my sock now only every week, for the nitrates to go up a bit for the macroalgaes, the GFO has been shut down, i still have it in reserve just in case i have a surge. My sump is pretty clean i've only had to vacuumed once in 6 weeks.

Photo465.jpg

Photo462.jpg

I've dosed these two which you absolutly need if you are to have a refugium full of macro of diffrerent species beside cheatos.

7953.jpg

This one, iodine, iodide is crucial for red algaes in particular dragon's breath . That algae actually disolves in less tha 24h before your eyes if you don't have that in your water. I'm not kidding, it becomes like saranwrap celophane and translucant and disapears in front of you. It the only algae i lost, i saved the others but just in time.

15623.jpg

I skim kina wet, i rather add clean supplements that let too many junk into the system.

Photo464.jpg

I'll be dosing soon with a dosing kit , but its back order. High levels of Calcium, Magnesium and Alk helps the development of Macroalgaes a lot, and suppress the micro algaes , thats a very good thing to remember , ired that in my research, so until i get my dosing set up i'll be dosing this supplement.

ReefComplete250ml.jpg

Basile

feeding my Elegant coral

I've copied this for myself so i don't forget it and for those looking for an answer about feeding their Elegant, its from a Mod and tanks for posting it;

"Yes, a regular prawn or shrimp from the grocery store. Here are EC's instructions for feeding the elegance. It's from the big Elegance coral thread.

Elegance corals typically don't feed on tiny particles. Like the size of brine shrimp or smaller. They feed on more substantial meals. Like small fish or shrimp.

When you try to feed a healthy elegance, you're going to get one of two responses. If the whole coral, or most of it, withdraws fairly quickly, you're not getting a feeding response. It's a defensive response. Even if food does stick to the tentacles in such a situation, it's likely to be released later when the coral opens back up. Many people see the coral grab food and close up, and think the coral is feeding, but it isn't.

If there's to much contact, or an abrupt increase in water flow, especially with large amounts of particulate matter in it, the coral is likely to go into defensive mode and close up. You want to avoid this the best you can.

When an elegance feeds, the only parts of the coral that move are the ones involved in the feeding. The rest of the coral remains open.

Try this. Pick up about three table shrimp from your grocery store seafood department. If you buy to much, it will just get freezer burnt before you have a chance to use it. Peel the shrimp, and rinse them really really well. Cut off a piece about the size of a pencil eraser and very slowly, and gently, wiggle it in the tentacles of the coral. You're trying to mimic the movements of a small struggling fish without making it seem like the coral is under attack. This will bring more tentacles in to hold the food, and create a stronger feeding response. With a new coral, I always try to make feeding as easy as possible. If you look at the perimeter of the polyp, where the tentacles are, you'll notice that it's folded up. Kinda pleated. At the high points of these folds, the tentacles are closer to the mouths than they are where the polyp lays out flat. I always try to feed the coral right at these high points.

You should see the coral begin to move the food closer to one of the mouths. Then the mouth will begin to swell, and move closer to the food, as the coral slowly places the food inside. If you do not see the food enter the mouth, you have to assume the coral has not fed.

As the coral builds its strength and recovers from shipping stress, it will become much much easier to feed."

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Awesome mate, I love the dwarf lionfish!! Such a fantastic fish :) Would love to have one myself!
Tanks are looking very nice too!

Basile

Hi guys my promotional video , a sample of all my videos to date enjoy.

[video=youtube;Cj7WfvReU-E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj7WfvReU-E[/video]

Basile

Price tag

• Botryocladia
  • Portieria
  • Gracilaria
  • Gracilaria parvispora Ogo
  • Eucheuma Spinosum
  • Halimedia
  • Shaving Brush
  • Caulerpa Palm Tree CAULERPA PASPALOIDES
  • Mermaid Fan (Udotea sp.) Saltwater Plant
  • Fern Codium Macro Algae (Codium tayloriiis)
  • Rigid Coralline Algae Cluster - Saltwater
  • Soft Coralline Algae Cluster - Saltwater
  • Tufted Joint Algae - Small - Saltwater Marco Algae (Cymopolia Barbata)
  • Tea Cup Macro Algae (ACETABULARIA SP.)
  • Eucheuma Spinosum
  • ROSE PETAL PINK DRAGON'S TONGUE..
  • RADIOXTIVE GREEN DEADMAN'S HAND...
  • Cheato
  • Caulerpa Prolifera
  • Ulva

$307
    For those who'd like to know how much a macroalgae set up like this costs ( hardware not included lol).

Photo.jpg

Photo403-1.jpg

Basile

Got my sponges

I have 2 Ptilocaulis sp. ; a red tree and an orange tree the Axinella bookhouti is a fan sponge that eats bacteria

Photo526.jpg

Photo527.jpg

Photo528.jpg

Photo529.jpg

Photo530.jpg

Put in their right place medium light with strong flow, 2 tunze 6095 on each end and a wavebox at full capacity.

Photo531.jpg

Photo532-1.jpg

Another pair of yellow sponge

tumblr_mqt8iferMy1so8g5no1_250.gif

Basile

Very nice. I like the splash of color those sponges give.

Yes me too its was so green and blue, getting on my nerves, lol everything i seem to bring back no matter how i tryed to choose away from those colors seem to come back , green and blue, probably my lights too. Next stop BigAls plastic shelves, LOL.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Have I mentioned how much I love your tanks Basile? LOL
Another fantastic update mate!! The tanks are seriously looking amazing, I'm very jealous! :)

Basile

Have I mentioned how much I love your tanks Basile? LOL
Another fantastic update mate!! The tanks are seriously looking amazing, I'm very jealous! :)

You want to be more jalous, ......i'm getting visitors now LOLLOL , i'm gona start charging $10 a head lol. One saw the tank in person and told the rest of the club that the pictures don't render justice to seeing it for real so this weekend i have about 14 people who made appointments , LOL all day today and tomorrow with all kinds of excuses, lol i'm going to be at my brothers since i'm there can i stop, can i borrow some of this lol very funny .. It flattering i admit.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
You want to be more jalous, ......i'm getting visitors now LOLLOL , i'm gona start charging $10 a head lol. One saw the tank in person and told the rest of the club that the pictures don't render justice to seeing it for real so this weekend i have about 14 people who made appointments , LOL all day today and tomorrow with all kinds of excuses, lol i'm going to be at my brothers since i'm there can i stop, can i borrow some of this lol very funny .. It flattering i admit.

Don't tell me that! I'm going to have to buy tickets to the US now hahaha I would love to see your tanks in person!!

Basile

haha ooops!! Didn't see the Canada bit LOL

We've become a Queen subject AGAIN....... a Colony under King Harper and a Vasal of the USA......... LOL we no longer have a voice in the international community are views are the USA views now, under KING HARPER , LOL here's my rant for the day lol.

tumblr_mxtyqgZk3a1qexddeo1_500.gif

Basile

8 weeks in photo shoot review

8 weeks in photo shoot review

Photo560.jpg

I made a shot with the blinds open and shut thats why the two identical or so shots.

Photo561.jpg

The fuge really has been the most succesfull of the 2 tanks. Turning OFF the GFO , the Ulva literally exploded in there it quadrupled in size i sold some already , got to get some of the $307 back lol.

Photo563.jpg

The main sculpture affectionately dubbed the rock remains the most problematic to fill. Its not money, its my lack of knowledge of corals that is the problem. As good of an aquasculpture i'm suppose to be i lack experience in the coral speciment choices and what they need and can do. so the process take longer. I know more about Macro algaes lol and softies actually than sps.

Photo564.jpg

Photo565.jpg

I was going to put these 3 branch on the the zoo sculpture but the more i see them there the more i see them there.....do i make sense. they seem to be right at home at that location making a break in the sand

Photo566.jpg

The addition of sponge is not purely asthetics it has a purpose for me.I had sponges in my last system and my water was , no kidding imaculate. And reading more about sponges and reseaching about them i found out that they process an incredible amount of water in a very short time. Since my system devoted to softies and macroalgaes requires a muddier environment i decided to evoke the help of sponges to clear up some of the extra particules.

Photo567.jpg

One thing i'me very happy with is my CUC . Mainly the fact that i don't rely on snails so much. I do have some but very few and not for the algae control, as much as others do. I've decided to use more interesting animals such as the urchins, which live longer and eats a wider range of algaes. The snails i use are more robust, such has the strawberry conch and also eats a greater range of algaes , and works the sand beautifully, only 3 of them for a 150G. Babylonian snails for detritus are great with only 10 they work the sand and its clean all the time. The rest the , serpent star,the brittle star and the seastar make the holy trinity of stars to catch the rest of it, the cucumber does what it does. I have a leftover cuc from the beginning that's dying off . Of course thats why i replaced them with the more permanent ones , those i wont have to replace every 2 months or so money down the drain.... Sucess at last.

Photo568.jpg

Photo569.jpg

The NPS site is , and will be left for later i have a source that will help me get good speciments. Its not easy to get most LFS don't carry them but i found a place that order's them once a year. So when the time comes I'll populate that corner.

Photo570.jpg

Photo571.jpg

The health board making the rounds, lol.

Photo572.jpg

Basile

8 Weeks into the Prodibio program video

8 Weeks into the Prodibio program a look at my system sorry about the noise of the cam .

http://www.prodibio.com/

[video=youtube;AAVilcd5TRM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAVilcd5TRM[/video]​