New Reefers 55 gallon Reef Experiment

lcstorc

Is it my imagination or is that clown really blotchy? Not sure how else to describe it. It might just be the pics. Yellow looks much better and lawnmower is adorable as usual.

new reefer 03

blotchy? there are a ton of black "blotches" on him i guess..? iiiiiii think it keeps gettintg stung by my zoas, or something

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Hey Cole, I have a suggestion. Why don't you post a few pictures at a time and let people comment. Then post a few more. This way it will keep peoples attention and keep them coming back to your chronicle. It's a bit overwhelming to see so many pictures at one time and makes it harder to comment when there are numerous things to comment about. Just a suggestion.

Last edited:

new reefer 03

well, i dont want my thread to be the center of attention, nuber one everyday. maybe ill just post the link to my photobucket, or just not post them all, and give the link too.

yungreefer2410

i just post a pic of what looks good at the time. or i do things in groups. like one day post pics of all my zoas, then lps, sps, clam ect

new reefer 03

hmm, dropped some rust into my tank a minute ago... t was from the scraper extension thing.. i sucked it out, so im hoping that everything wil;l be okay.

io may do it like you cole :)

new reefer 03

... not my night.
my leather for osme reason fell over. the rock didn't, but the stalk went loose, and fell over or something. heres a pic.
2-22-2009quickphones003.jpg

also, i think my stomatella snails bred? i have seen them and guessed i have about 5 adults, then what do ui finf? a baby stomatella? do they breed in captive systems, or uhh... ?
2-22-2009quickphones002.jpg

Frankie

RS STAFF
They do that sometimes Cole. It should stand back up soon enough. Your tank has come a long way. Good work :thumber:

new reefer 03

thanks guys. both were right, scott it did lok like a biscuit lol. Frankie the toadstool look sbetter now, thanks for telling me they will come back, you saved me a hissy fit lol.
no one take this the wrong way ( :maddown: scott :lol: ) the stalk is hardenned back up, and sticking up again :)

im sorry, i just cant figure out a way to say that without the effect...lol

new reefer 03

all seems to be well, with my soft leather yesterday, and dropping the strange rusty stuff. the leather actually looks better than before lol.

new reefer 03

added a maxi-Jet 1200, and WOAH. i expected so much less, but i guess thats because i used the 400 in the past lol.
ill post a pic showing the flow "screwed up" in a sec.

new reefer 03

:woohoo:

although its one week later, im still happy. bluezoo said they got confirmation that they will have my snails sometime this weekend and we will go from there and get them shipped out!

:woohoo:

new reefer 03

i love refractos. ours just came in the mailbox. the seller said the refracto was calibrated, but it was .001 off, lol. i used bufferred RODI to check it, and i calibrated it to .000 with the RODI. when i cleaned it, and put a sample from my tank it read 1.028, which is good ( little high? ). my water is low, so im fixing to add 1-2G of RODI, then WC on saturday. im very impressed that my salinity is so on track though. i thought it would be near hypo stage lol. i always add rodi when my skimmer pulls it out by the gallons, but its all good!

:woohoo: again! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

yungreefer2410

thats a little high but not bad since it would be raised slowly. i would add 3/4 og a gallon at a time. i only add 1/2g at a time for my tank to prevent swings