My Tiny Ocean - Gur's RSM 250

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Just caught up. Nice tank! Good call on the creepy crab!

Matt's DROIDX using Forum Runner since idiots hacked thru tapatalk.

Gur

Re: My Tiny Ocean - Gur's RSM 250 - Dinner Time Video (Time Lapse)

Dinner time.
Tonight Chef's special - sliced raw shrimp.

Dinner Guests:
1. Tube Anemone (Ceriathus sp)
2. Elegance Coral (Catalaphyllia Jardinei)
3. Open Brain Coral (Trachyphyllia Radiata)
4. Acan Coral (Acanthastrea Lordhowensis)

I used Time Lapse for the video to demonstrate the magic of these creatures.

I suggest watching it in HD full-screen and wait for the Acan in the end.

My Tiny Ocean - Day 84 - Dinner Time (Time Lapse) - YouTube

Gur

New additions,
Couldn't resists it and purchased some new corals on Thursday.

Let's meet them...

Xenia (couldn't resist the magical movement)
Day_86_Xenia_web.jpg

Candy cane (Looks bad... It really called me from the pool & I took it out of mercy...)
Day_86_Candy_web.jpg

Day_86_Candy_CU_web.jpg

Favia
Day_86_Favia_web.jpg

Day_86_Favia_CU_web.jpg

tnwillia

Great video and pictures!

I hope the weeds (xenia) don't overtake the tank, keep them isolated from everything else if you can in case you ever want to get them out you can just remove the rock they are on. I'm been trying to get them out of my tank for 3 years now LOL. Have fun!

Gur

Great video and pictures!

I hope the weeds (xenia) don't overtake the tank, keep them isolated from everything else if you can in case you ever want to get them out you can just remove the rock they are on. I'm been trying to get them out of my tank for 3 years now LOL. Have fun!
:thumber:
I've been warned about the Xenia, just couldn't resist having it, the kids are crazy about the motion... it's isolated from the rocks, I want it to grow on the glass...

Pretty new corals ! +1 xenia ^ I started with them in my 1st 130D & they can go crazy... non in my 250
Amazing Video and great pictures, they are really National Geographic quality!
Nice additions!

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Man I wish I'd have never added Xenia. Can't kill it. Seriously.

Matt's DROIDX using Forum Runner since idiots hacked thru tapatalk.

tnwillia

No, mine got out of hand before I learned about it. It is sold everywhere over here as a starter coral and many learn to late how it grows. I tried to cut it back or peel it off the rocks but the catch is if there is ANY skin left on the rock or any small piece gets loose to float around your tank it will pop up in what ever place it lands. I've even had in grow in my sand. To get it off by peeling you have to wait till it gets larger or you will just strip the stalk into pieces and spread it. See how it works/grows in your tank but I'd keep it isolated and don't try to trim it back till your sure you want it. Good luck with it!

Gur

No, mine got out of hand before I learned about it. It is sold everywhere over here as a starter coral and many learn to late how it grows. I tried to cut it back or peel it off the rocks but the catch is if there is ANY skin left on the rock or any small piece gets loose to float around your tank it will pop up in what ever place it lands. I've even had in grow in my sand. To get it off by peeling you have to wait till it gets larger or you will just strip the stalk into pieces and spread it. See how it works/grows in your tank but I'd keep it isolated and don't try to trim it back till your sure you want it. Good luck with it!

Ok,
Thanks for the tips, I will open my eyes and follow the weed...