my new project

Go radiums nothing else if you are looking for color.Also for a tank that big you'll need a lot of water circulation.Hopefuly you are including a water chiller on your list of equipment.Also does your future wife knows how noisy is a tank that big when everything is running?Congrats in your new tank!Post some pics.

VINA

mnreefman

tosh thanks for the sketch, my only concern with that is ill have shadows in some spots..

vin ive been looking at a few chillers not too sure what brand or size im gunna get yet, but yes one is in the mix. also i should add i will have a mag 24 as a return from fuge, mag 12 on closed loop and 2 tunze 6100..

still trying to figure out lighting.. these decisions are going to kill me

jks1

Clint,
Congrats on the new tank. I also run a 210g. Mine is 84x24x24 with dual overflow.

I run 3 x 400W XM 10Ks with no actinics and a moonlight. Like Curt said this will create a lot of heat. The difference in the tank temp with lights on vice off is 4-5 degrees. I installed three fans in the hood and added a 1/5 HP chiller (which is undersized I know), and manage to keep the temps from 78 in the AM to 80.5 or so in mid-day.

For a skimmer I run an Aqua C EV180 with a 5qt auto whaste container. It is drived by a dedicated MAG 7 and I am very happy with it.

I have MRC Calc reactor which keeps Ca and ALK in line. I run a Mag 24 as a return and another MAG24 on a closed loop. I will be adding two 1" sea swirls soon to create more random flow.

I couldnt bear to go BB, so I went with 1" of fine sand around the rock formations. I placed only a dusting under the rocks and it seems to work well. I started the tank on MAR 24th and am now only dealing with very minor cyano on the sand but it will go away in time. I will take an updated shot when I get home today. You can find pics of the hood/equipment in my gallery. HTH and good luck!!!

mnreefman

just ordered the lights, 3 250w de's.... as far as bulbs go im thinking xm10k's with 4 96w vho actinics

Brucey

Hey clint. Just read my hormaonal 7 months pregnant parter your little story and she burst into tears. Women, never can predict them and never can understand them. What a great sotry
Brucey

mnreefman

thanks brucy! well while visiting my tank at the lfs still hav ent brought it hime yet... unfortunetly no truck yet, i decded to trade my clarki clows for a pair of saddlenacks, which were the clowns i woulda bought for the new tank, anyway seeing these just makes me ache, i want my new one up n running, but i am taking my time reaserching and deciding, now i gotta figure out what skimmer im gunna get......

blastofreak

well its been awhile since i have been around... and i forgot all my old user names and ids so i am switching to my wifes id stuff... anyway still same old clint, wow its been since july of last year since i have updated this.... long time... anyway in the past 8 months my tank has seen its fair share of turbulance.. i actually blew out pvc... dont know how but i did... and almost 200 gallons of water was on the floor, needless to say wife was angry.. the plumbing part of this whole ordeal has by far been the worst, ive used spaflex, a seal broke on that as well, so afew months ago i drained and threw the rock in the garage.... i took some time off, regrouped, and 3 weeks ago had my 4th go round with plumbing... so far its great, NO LEAKS... i obviously killed my old live rock by throwing it into the garage so i bought anouther 60 lbs to reseed.
my astreas and cerith snails came in the mail the other day.. along with a freebee queen conch.... they are going to town on the diatoms.... im gunna wait another 2 weeks to order the first fishies! needless to say im gettin really excited...
the time off has really helped though, done alot thinking on just what we want for corals and fish our new list hasnt changed much but a few are different
7 blue green chromis
2 cherub angels ( male and female )
2 saddleback clowns
2 royal gramas ( the tank is big enough for 2 )
1 mandarain ( down the road addition )
3 yellow tangs

as far as coral goes alot of lps and softies....

well thats it for the updates, ill get some pics for ya later on