Mattie's Nano 20G

mattie

RS Sponsor
the earlier pic is from when i first got the new 14k bulb and it was very very blue for the first week now it is well broken in and the color is much more crisp and not nearly as bluei I have had the MH bulb for about 4 months now and will probably change it out in another 4 months for the same or an XM 20k

Maxx

Cool, I'm glad to hear the the bulb lightens up just a bit. you might want to look at JBNY's website, www.cnidarianreef.com
He has all the data from a serious 250 watt SE bulb/ballast comparison test he did posted up there in addition to pictures of the different lights above his reef so its easy to see what your looking at. I'm pretty sure the XM 20K does not have as good a PAR rating as the hamilton 14K, but it might be different on your set up depending on what ballast you are running.
I have read that bulbs will last alot longer than 12 months.....do you really need to replace the bulb at 8 months?
Nick

mattie

RS Sponsor
update time

things have been growing muhahahah!!!!
nothing changed i just let em grow now

Attachments

• matts20g120904.jpg
    matts20g120904.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 26

ScottT1980

Does that SPS frag still have its purple tips? I can't believe it developed those things a week before I tore down my tank.

Take er easy
Scott T.

mattie

RS Sponsor
the current lightings is 2 65 w pc's 1 actinc 1 50/50 and 1 250w 14k se mh
i think the camera just acts funny or i forgot to photoshop it like i normally do....

scott alot of things have color now and everything that i got from you looks awesome good move to give those things to me you should come by and check it out some time soon.....
try yellow tips with purple rims around the tips now muhahahah !!
it looks cool
thanks scottt take er easy...

ScottT1980

scott alot of things have color now and everything that i got from you looks awesome good move to give those things to me you should come by and check it out some time soon.....

Awesome, can't wait to check it out. You do know that if I ever get the cash and equipment for a tank that will actually fit in my new place, I will be groveling at your doorstep for some frags. Keep doing whatever it is you are doing...

Take er easy
Scott T.

mps9506

Originally posted by ScottT1980
Does that SPS frag still have its purple tips? I can't believe it developed those things a week before I tore down my tank.

LMAO... Sorry Scott... SPS are funky that way. Never do what you expect em to do.
Mike

mattie

RS Sponsor
an update of the 20 as it sits tonight
now you know why i am getting more room

Attachments

• matties20date030105.jpg
    matties20date030105.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 16