Mattie's Nano 20G

mattie

RS Sponsor
yes i am acclimting the light to the tank by switching hoods between the 260w pc and the 250 mh hood the're only like 15lbs so its no big deal to swap out and each day i will gradually run the mh more than the pc's untill i swap out the pc all together

mattie

RS Sponsor
update time
the tank after the move and after goign on vacation for 2 weeks everything looks great

Curtswearing

Lookin' good. You'll eventually have to move that tang to a bigger tank but it looks like you have a little time yet.

mattie

RS Sponsor
the tang was/ is a temp host in my nano he ate all the calurpa when i had an outbreak next time i do a big water change i will try to get him out he has already grown alot since i put him in.
i had originally planned to have him for 2 weeks and when i moved i was going to remove him but some how he got back in with the rest of the fish whoops......
but i do swear that the tank has never been so free of algae before :)

mattie

RS Sponsor
more

i recently added a boat load of frgas to my 20G
do not look at the tang i know i know
but the tank is comming along great just added the frags today and the tank is now so crowded i do not think i will be buying anything else anytime soon..

mattie

RS Sponsor
the nano sps calcium sucker continued

several new frags added
last month i went and visited briane and got a boat load of frags 20+ some were duplicates to give to friends
i think i got 12 new sps frags from brian
and i got 2 new frags from scottT just before he took down his tank and i got 3 new frags from Bpeterson
as you can tell the tank has been doing well
i uped the flow by and slightly larger powerheads and added a float switch to make the tank as stable as possible I can not believe i have waited over a year to get one of these simple items.... my salinty calcium and alk have never been soooo stable... and the corals are all coloring up.....

Last edited:

mattie

RS Sponsor
with the increased flow and the float switch things have noticbly started growing much faster...... so in a few months there will be alot less swimming room...he he
thanks it's been 14+ months in the making

Maxx

Question for you Mattie,
Did you adjust the white balance on your camera, or change your bulb out? Cause that picture looks less blue than the previous one.
Nick