Lynn and Frank's saltwater adventure.

lcstorc

Ok, Ok, here are some more pics for you pesky people. :)
Don't be too critical. I actually took them.
Back of the 125 (really bad pic sorry)
125_back_bad_pic.jpg

Front of the 125
125_fts_front.jpg

I love side pics so here are two.
125_side.jpg

125_side_2.jpg

New urchin and some of the food he is supposed to eat. (This guy is really cool.)
urchin.jpg

Where is my favorite dentist?
Kole tang
Kole_tang.jpg

My comfy couch actually empty for once.
Toadstool.jpg

:)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I am LOVING those pics! What a difference from March '08 to now. Talk about "changing your colors"!!

lcstorc

Frank was playing around with the camera the other night ans woke up one of our Midas Blennies. The pic was too cute not to share.
Whyareyouwakingmeup.jpg

lcstorc

That is soo funny.
The pic was taken at around 11pm so I don't think it was a morning thing but it certainly could have been a Leave me alone. I am sleeping thing.
Now I keep looking back as well.
LOL

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Your reef looks great Lynn! It has changed a lot since the first time I saw it full of pretty damsels :)
BTW..I am planning a trip to visit my parents during the last week of May..in just a couple weeks! :dance: :dance:
We need to get together while I am there!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Ohh... Do you want some corals?
I have a lot of Euphyllia paradivisa (looks like frog spawn) and some yellow polyps (fast growers) that I could bring...

lcstorc

Wonderful. I will look forward to seeing you. We'll make Frank cook dinner again. Now that I am not working we can get together whenever works for you instead of just the weekend. Of course if it is during the week, I'll have to cook instead of Frank.
I'm always up for corals particularly LPS. I was finally brave enough to put some in the tank again and so far so good.

lcstorc

Wow, I am a bad mod. I can't believe this thread has been left for so long.
Well, I had to update now so you can all be jealous. Well, not yet, but you will be after I get pics when my packages arrive tomorow.
I have two beautiful packages headed towards me. I posted on another thread about the gorgeous Aussie Purple Heart Hammer I ordered from Zoanuts but what I didn't say was that I also won the auction for the Dippon Dots frogspawn.
It is going to be Euphie heaven here tomorrow.
And these are both colors I have not seen before.
I have some excitement in the 90g today as well (see that thread if you want to know) so the camera will definitely be out on Saturday. Maybe even tomorrow if the corals aren't too mad from shipping.
So, the question of the day.
Do I dip or do I not dip? I generally don't dip but I know several people that do particularly with euphies.

BarbMazz

Well, I would suggest a very close visual inspection of them once you have them... put them in a clear bowl so you can turn them all around while they're still submerged. Their polyps will be pulled in so you'll get a good look at the skeleton and be able to spot any parasites or trouble spots there.

Then, maybe go from what you find on your visual inspection. I dip everything now. I also remove everything I can from anything they're mounted on. I've found all sorts of creepy crawlies that I MAY not want in my tank by removing frag plugs/rubble, etc and remounting them on my own schtuff.

lcstorc

Since these are both euphies they likely won't be on plugs. I know the one isn't and I am pretty sure about the other.
I do like your idea of a careful inspection though.
I wonder what Fedex will think bringing 2 packages at the same time. It's going to be a fun morning.
I feel like a kid at Christmas.

lcstorc

FedEx officially thinks I am nuts.
They just delivered 2 very similar packages to a woman who practically flew to the door when the bell rang.
Both are out of their boxes and acclimating now.
Obviously they are pissed off but other than that look great.