jhnrb 150 reef

jhnrb

Good news. equipment shed is scheduled for wensday. so project will continue uninterrupted. i'm only having the shell built, and do the rest myself, paint, insulate, ventilation, electrical, stands, plumbing, etc. lots to do but will be fun. posted pic of nite light system in equipemnt gallery. will post pict when installed with rest of fixtures and mh. thanks for all the kind words and ratings. I really enjoy visiting others threads to see what is happening. some very interesting projects going on. Is what makes the hobby so intersting. water in system not yet scheduled. to much to do yet.

jhnrb

received some PFO retro fit kits. didnt like so local lfs took them off my hands and i ordered two hamilton single compacts for the 67k supplement. should arrive next couple of days. pulled right shoulder muscles putting canopy back on. just able to get arm up to chest today. been couple weeks. well from now on the youngsters can do the heavy lifting. lo. equipement shed shell almost completed and then will punch through the foundation block wall with piping. received black acrylic overflow light blockers and shelf for loop pump. will install once lights are in then mh install last. well about it for now pics soon.

jhnrb

arm is better, continuing on canopy lighting system. will hang 1st mh today. will post pic soon. still need to complete light blocks over overflows and shelf for pump for looping to sea swirl and back of tank through several squids. about it for now.

jhnrb

canopy lights

one end of the canopy lights. 250 w mh 12+K, 1 - each atinic o3 and 67K 96 w compact at upper front, and 1 each 67K 55w at upper rear. moon lights not yet in. pump and loop for sea swirls and back wall flow not yet in. final pics when done

Attachments

• IM001462.JPG
    IM001462.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 203

jhnrb

inside canopy and loop system

well here is the inside of the canopy with mh mounted at one end. as stated elsewhere i used clear tubing and metal worm clamps. this loop system is to see if I can get what i want. if so, the system will be hard piped. two picl of the dolphin 1200 pond master and the diy shelf. the shelf has a spacer behind it at top and bottom and the bottom also has some rubber washers with dab of silicon against glass. I have ordered a new moon light system. the bulbs give a 120 by 60 degree light. i will have a tripple with a new controller that will simulate the moon cycle and also allows additional intensity adjustments all from the fish bowl. i will use the lunar 500 system i have in the equipemnt shed. thats about it for now.

Attachments

• IM001484.JPG
    IM001484.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 164
  • IM001481.JPG
    IM001481.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 165
  • IM001480.JPG
    IM001480.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 166

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Great lookin setup on the canopy ! Out of curiosity why you would want to setup the halides on opposite ends since they can cover a 2'x2' area ? It seems your going to lose some coverage.

jhnrb

here is a pic of the new moon light system from fish bowl. each tube has 5 dimmable leds and you can rotate the tube in the end caps to get the effect you want. gives full even illumination of the aquarium. will simulate the moon cycle on a 29.5 day phase, and intensity can be manually set as well to the phase desired, or, just let it go automatic. cost retail 103.oo dilivered. they over charged me for the shipping and were quick to make the correction and apply the credit. you can get it in single tube, 2 tube setup, or three tube setup as i got, and the controller will run up to 2 strings of three tubes

Attachments

• IM001530.JPG
    IM001530.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 158
  • IM001528.JPG
    IM001528.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

Gina

RS STAFF
If it's possible, could you post a pic with the moon lights on? I'd like to see how they look.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Yes, please post a pic of the moonlights and do you have a link to the manufactorer or where you bought them ? TIA

jhnrb

Here are a couple of pics. one is from the end upwards and the other is form the outside into and down. its is not totally dark so the effect is not as good as it could be and the adjustment is not completed, but, you should get the idea. if you run this system in automatic it appears that the lights stay on 24/7 and no timmer is to be used. i will initially try it this way. if you put it on manuel to one of the moon intensities i.e. full, 3/4, 1/2 etc then you can use a timmer. i also have a lunar 500 controller that adjusts the amperage each time it turns on so if the automatic does not work for me (i expect it will) i can put it on full moon adding the lunar 500 controller on a timmer and get the moon effect. anyway couple pics. no water.

Attachments

• IM001538.JPG
    IM001538.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 154
  • IM001539.JPG
    IM001539.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 152