Jeremy's 90 Gallon Build Mayhem!!

sambrinar

Psst,, guys, I am a woman and Scott is right, don't be afraid.. besides she loves it

Uh oh.. she has a reputation to uphold.. so strike all that..

OMG OMG run for your lives, run for your, cahonies lol

Jeremy0322

Psst,, guys, I am a woman and Scott is right, don't be afraid.. besides she loves it

Uh oh.. she has a reputation to uphold.. so strike all that..

OMG OMG run for your lives, run for your, cahonies lol

lol, you guys and gals are too darn fun sometimes

Jeremy0322

I figured I would post a few pics just to see what people thought, small update i suppose. First pic is some of the stuff I got when I got the tank. There is a Rio 2500, a Rio 14HF(840 gph used for skimmer), some monster powerhead thing, I have NO idea what that is, something called a "Powerhead 402" (whatever?), and a Hydor Theo 300 watt heater, and then the skimmer which is a berlin triple pass maybe? :lol: Anyways, the rio 2500+ is like 53 bucks so that was surprising to me, maybe ill keep it for water changes or something. The skimmer looks like a previous model of this, Aquarium protein skimmer: Berlin X2 Protein Skimmer by Rea Sea, which is more expensive than i would have suspected. It needs a good bath but whatever :lol:

CIMG5857.jpg

The next pic is of the loc-line return and the flow bell for the overflow, just had them around so figured I would take a pic.

CIMG5864.jpg

The last picture was more for ammusement purposes. This is all the rock, the plastic bin is 26 inches long, and the styrofoam one is about 23 inches long, so its alot of friggin rock!

CIMG5862.jpg

Jeremy0322

From the 2 buys, my 55 a year ago and the 90 recently, I have not purchased rock from a store or a site ever, its much much cheaper this way. My best guess is that there is about 250 lbs there, I am going to weigh it before it all goes in the 90, and then what doesnt go in will be sold to make up some of the money spend, along with the skimmer and the current 55.

44789thisthreadcompletelyuselessWIT.jpg

-I found it, it made me giggle, and I just had to use it! Everyone elses chronicles that are lacking of pictures better watch out!!

Jeremy0322

I also need to share with everyone that I have eaten 87 hershey kisses in the last 2 hours, and its time for another picture....

TTIWWP.jpg

Jeremy0322

You belly may be good,, but you brain isn't ... becareful when you tall asleep!!

hey, the letters are close, its all good. Anyways, I measured the inside of the stand and then measures the 20 gallon and the 10 gallon next to each other, and if i went that route I would have under 2 inches of clearance from side to side, so I think im going to have to use the 20 long unless something else jumps out at me over the next 2 weeks i suppose.

sambrinar

One thing I found that I didn't measure when I got my stand for the 75 was the height, my skimmer was too tall to put under there,, now it hangs out the back, TG that it is narrow.. so keep that in mind when getting the equipment

Jeremy0322

One thing I found that I didn't measure when I got my stand for the 75 was the height, my skimmer was too tall to put under there,, now it hangs out the back, TG that it is narrow.. so keep that in mind when getting the equipment

There is going to have to be a separate skimmer cabinet, mine stands just around 40 inches call, so the cabinet is about 7-8 inches too short to keep it in there. And thinking about the sump still, I dont think the 20 will be that bad, when I made my original one I made a few mistakes, the bubble trap was designed to have Live Rock Rubble in it, which will be changes to be much smaller, the center will take up more than half the sump and be a fuge with chaeto and mangroves, and then the end will be the return pump and the pump that feeds the skimmer. It will bring in water from the return pump section, and then since the skimmer pump will out-compete the mag9.5 about 1.5 to 1 for gph flow rates it will return into the same chamber, I just wanna make sure I have a backup plan incase the power goes out, I dont want a flood. I really wish I could find a taller tank, maybe I will use the 20 tall instead of the 20 long...I dont know...ugh

Jeremy0322

Yea, I still need a pump for the darn thing, I dont think it will be running as soon as the 90 gets up and ready, it may be a few weeks after that, cause I am going to need to sell some of the stuff to be able to purchase the pump

lcstorc

Who said you could clutter up this thread with actual "reef" stuff?
I've never heard of such a thing.