Hybrid paludarium

PEMfish

Cool. A 36"x24"x24" would be 90g. You'll lose length but gain volume and width. A couple good plants to keep an eye out for are green hedge, and brazilian sword ( peaclily ). Both bog plants, good for your needs. And keep in mind that any leaves that grew above water cannot deal with being submerged, they will dye and regrow new 'aquatic' leaves, same works vise versa.

StirCrayzy

90g eh. I like the sound of that. :tongue:

You saved mehim effort of going to look that up later, thanks.

I guess next step is start building a stand.

immerume2

Cool build glad to see you revisit it. Following along to see the progress.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

StirCrayzy

I'm determined to put the 65 on craigslist today. That will be my wood budget for the new reef stand.
I'm going to keep all the filtration though. Depending on negotiations I may include some.
I wonder what is a fair price for this type of used tank/stand/T12s.
Can't remember how much I paid/bartered for this 15 yEars ago.

StirCrayzy

The tank is half empty. Fish are out. Filters/Lights silenced. RIP.
The 65 will be gone soon, ushering in a new era for me... peaceful community FW fish.
I started pricing new reef tanks yesterday and realized this transition may happen sooner than i thought.
Still waiting to find vendor for a 36x24x24, but at worst i can get 36x18x25 at any LFS.
Now ive begun prepping my QT for SW fish temp housing during transition.
Once i get new SW tank up, i will start building rockwork in the 40tall for the paludarium.
im considering adding a coast to coast overflow up to 15" H. Then adding a lid on it to support basking area.

StirCrayzy

65g sold for $100, glad i held out because now im close to having my budget for the reef tank. Starting that first, hopefully get to this FW setup shortly after.
Its a pretty big change, i dont know which im more excited about, ! New Reef or New FW ! Hopefully with summer Vaca here, i will free up some extra time.

StirCrayzy

Sad news, the turtle drowned i think. He was upside down stuck between rocks and glass.
He was always good at staying out of harm, for the 8 + yrs that ive had him. guess ya never know.
Long term pets are tough to bury.
RIP

The concept still lives on, and i will wait until done before getting another turtle.

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Sorry to hear about the turtle loss. Yep, pets that are with you that long are hard to lose, even the tanked ones.

Reminds me of my mudskipper/ archer fish palaudrium years ago. I miss that tank. Don't miss my 3rd and 4th generation wingless fruit flies sprouting wings though.

StirCrayzy

Got any pics SilverPhoenix?

Still going to make this happen eventually, but the home and reef upgrades are taking longer than scheduled.
and im not in a hurry.