Frankie's 120gal. glass experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Well, like i posted in the anemone club thread, my clowns have gone nuts an are fighting over the anemone. The female bit the males eye pretty bad but today it seems to be better. I don't think he will loose it. She also messed up his front bottom jaw. That looks crooked. This morning there both in the anemone and seem to be getting along ok. I tried all night to separate them but without taking the reef apart i can't catch one of them. So i will hope for the best and wait it out.

Gina

RS STAFF
Nice Carpet Frankie!
I went back and caught up a little with your reef. It looks great!
I love your Suns!

Frankie

RS STAFF
Frankie did you see the post in Lorraine's thread by Leebeca? Here is a permalink. http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...ocess-second-dose-maracyn-2-a.html#post315131
Although you may not treat, there is some good information towards the end about eye healing.
Thanks Doc. I am not going to treat his injuries yet. My fish are very strong and able to fight off most infections. I did read the link though! Thanks for posting it. Leebeca really knows what shes talking about so i will keep it in my book mark encase an infection dose occur. The eye looks much better today :)

Frankie

RS STAFF
The clown is all healed and there sharing the carpet now. Everything is doing well. Some of my corals are changing color and after speaking with KevinP he came to the conclusion that i need to upgrade my lighting. Due to the hight i keep my lighting I can have 400 watt MH's np so i am ordering them next week online. They came out with new reflectors so i am going to try them. I will post updates and pictures on the lighting build.
The nano build is off my list for a while. I really need to focus on this tank for now so i won't be doing the nano this winter. Maybe next summer if my new company does good.
I hope you al enjoy the pictures i just posted on the home page. Those are from when i started to take reefing seriously back in NY. I really miss that 90 gal. tank. It came out so good.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Good things happening on the Frankie reef!
I bought a custom ca++ reactor and will have it this week i am told. The guy at the lfs builds them pretty well with laser cut bottom and tops. It will be built to fit my sump hight and cabinet space perfectly.
I also spoke with the lighting guy. He convinced me to step down to 250watt's with dim able ballasts because the reflectors i am getting work so well 400watt's will be way overkill. I am ordering them tomorrow. (need to transfer money from one account to another). Here is the link to the lighting. I am going with the reeflux 250 ones.
Reef Exotics I am very excited! :D
I am also getting rid of some fish. The nitrates are uncontrollable and i am tired of the battle. All fire fish are coming out, 2 tangs (not sure what ones:tears:) and maybe the sargassum in the refugium.

lcstorc

Really.
Now I am gonna get confused. Good thing I read this thread or I would have been really lost. :)

Frankie

RS STAFF
Don't worry, I'll keep the avatar I have for a while.
I feel like i got a hair cut or something now!

vdituri

So Ffrankie is now just Frankie?
He better keep suns in his avatar so I know it's him!
I thought he had a keyboard stutter. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.