diemakers 650 build

Joeys Tank

Jolly good morning, Die.

Which one of the reef octopus skimmers did you go with? I have never been happy with the stock skimmer (noise, over/under skimming, etc). I need to put it on my wishlist.

Diemaker

8eb84a647e45adcb11c0132de4952ea3.jpg

I bought the PS 3000 internal and it's dead quiet I'm so happy I bought the neck cleaner well worth the money

Sent from my space ship

Diemaker

Hi. I have an S500 and swapped out the skimmer for a small (upto 500 litre) Bubble Magus curve skimmer which I could fit in 3 times over! And man, is it quiet!

I haven't got any fish in mine yet, but have enjoyed reading your thread and have learnt about the variable flow rates on the re-circulation pumps.

My sand has created a beach also, but I quite like the look. Keep up the thread!

I'm glad someone learnt a few things from the thread. I'm sure you will get tired of the beach look

Sent from my space ship

Diemaker

Can anyone tell me where to find locline for my return nozzle I would like to split it to two as well

Sent from my space ship

Choff

Almost all online vendors sell it. BRS does. It will not fit perfectly. You will need to do the Teflon tape trick to get it to stay on. I did this and do daily restarts and it has never once blown off and my pump is pushing twice the water the stock pump does.

Take a look at my recent posts I have a FTS and you can clearly see my locline return

...stupid auto correct

Diemaker

Ok I'll try that I thought maybe there was a metric size. I'm guessing you went right over top of the old nozzle that Red Sea put on there

Sent from my space ship

Diemaker

What locline fitting did you use to put it on your nozzle I bought a 3/4x1/2" y to split the line and I can't get it to stay on at all I think it needs a deeper socket

Sent from my space ship

Diemaker

Hum never thought of that I already got burned by redseas decision to not put a clamp on the return hose. Really why didn't they put something on there

salty23

8eb84a647e45adcb11c0132de4952ea3.jpg

I bought the PS 3000 internal and it's dead quiet I'm so happy I bought the neck cleaner well worth the money

Sent from my space ship

wow thats a tight fit. How did you squeeze that in there?
I have the 5000, wonder if I can get the neck cleaner