diemakers 650 build

Diemaker

I'm concerned about having water in the box at the back and it not moving I think I'll grab some mini in line valves and restrict the output flow or use one pump to feed the two end outlets

Choff

You can restrict the flow on the stock pumps. There is a rotational slider that you can adjust to max /min the flow.

...stupid auto correct

Diemaker

y6a4eme3.jpg

6usumy2a.jpg
ezazu5ut.jpg

Got a new frag rack today and some super cool zoas

Sent from my space ship

Choff

Die, I did some reading that scared me off a little and curious how your experience has been with it. I read they are crazy aggressive and can be hard to keep with other fish. They start out OK, but as they grow is when the trouble begins especially in smaller tanks. Most sites suggest 250 min for these guys. The other is that these are quite delicate fish that require very high oxygen levels and light fish load to support them.

...stupid auto correct

Diemaker

I've had them before and had no problems he was bugging a few of the other tangs for a day or two but has settled in to the tank nicely. I think one of the biggest things is to get them well feed seems to settle all the fish down. If he starts to be a problem them the lfs store will take him back on cedit

Sent from my space ship

Diemaker

ok so I have 2 mp40s Im wishing I bought the 60's My question is what is the best placement in the tank right now they almost face each other. They are offset by about 3-4 inches. Is it reccommend to have a large off set or line them up I can't seem to find anything about this. I have a bit of a cyno oout break a few patches here and there and I want to blast the sh** out of it and create as much flow as possible I also have the 4 stock pumps running as low as they will go because they kicj up the sand bed other wise. Oh and how far from the top of the water line should they be I did mime about 6-8 inches down

Choff

I'm running 1 about 6 in down a little off center. Which is a few inches above my rock line and just in front of it. I dont like to have direct flow in my corals.

I can't say for certain, but I would think you would want them exactly opposite each other.

I'm with ya on the 60s. I don't want any more flow, buy the mp40s at near max are quite loud. I would prefer to run a powered down 60.

...stupid auto correct

Last edited:

Diemaker

I did a bunch of research and most of the 650 guys were running 40's that's why I picked those

Sent from my space ship

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
The mp 40 is now the loudest thing on my tank, but everything rs is pretty much done away with now. I run like a silent submarine now, so much so I hear my clownfish chirp very evening before lights out lol