December POTM Contest!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
:bouncer: It's photo contest time again so start uploading your photos!

December's contest theme will be Christmas colors!!...... "any RED or GREEN marine fish, invert, coral, algae, etc...." may be entered.

Winner will receive a $35 gift certificate to one of Reef Sanctuary's sponsors! This month's contest is sponsored by Woodstock! :D

In addition, the winning photo will be paraded on our home page for one month!

Please review the entry regulations below and have fun!!
Rules:
1) One photo per contestant,
2) No heavily photoshopped photos are allowed. The photos should be as raw/normal/untouched as possible. Minimal editing such as cropping, brightness/contrast adjustments, and resizing are acceptable.
3) Photo subject matter must be from the member's tank (or household tank) and must be "any red or green marine fish, invert, coral, algae, etc...".
4) Photos that have previously won any other contest are not allowed,

5) Photos MUST be uploaded to the December '09 POTM gallery by midnight (EST) November 30th.
Sorry, no moderators or administrators allowed to participate in this contest.

A voting poll for all uploaded photos will be available December 1st and will remain open through the 10th.

NOTE:
Only photos uploaded into the photo gallery will be included in the voting poll!
So please upload your photo to the
December '09 POTM gallery

Last edited:

SeahorseBT

Does a red shrimp in a green frogspawn count?
Tanks583.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I'm seeing mostly corals. I thought this was for "any RED or GREEN marine Fish or Invert" - are we considering corals an invert?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I'm not 100% sure. Corals definitely aren't vertebrates, so maybe they could be considered inverts? I always considered inverts to be crabs, shrimp, snails, slugs, etc.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Okay, okay... it is updated to read: "any fish, invert, coral, algae, etc...."

Great pics everyone!

PootyTang

yeah, corals are definitely inverts, they are very genetically similar to jellyfish, which would be the ultimate invert