Dave's RSM 500

Choff

Just looking at your tank picts again. Man you have some large pieces. I thought my toadstool was big and was thinking of fragging him down (my first ever frag), but after seeing yours I think I will leave him alone. Tank is looking great!

David Shaw

Thanks Choff.

Since moving the coral stock over from my 130D everything has grown big time. Yup the toadstool is large but i kinda like it so will keep it until it get's too big then trade it off to the LFS.

I don't want to over populate with corals and rock as i like lots of space at the sides, back and front for swim room and to be able to keep things clean. When i go to the LFS now i tend to only get the odd small zoa or mushroom for colour and to cover some rock.

I like the way i have it set out now (at last). I don't want to mess around moving things and adding too much stock. The thought of another aqua-scape fills me with dread.

David Shaw

Just noticed that my red bubble tip anemone seemed a lot smaller than usual, i always loved just how big and colourful it was. Had a close up look and realised it had split into two! One of the halves is quite a bit lower down now, between 2 rocks so i am guessing it will go wandering to get more light. That saved me £35 - no need to buy another one now :)

David Shaw

New Pics (iPad, so not great)

My bubble tip split, so now i have 2 that sit next to each other.

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0151-1.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

David Shaw

Thanks prsrock. I can hardly believe the tank is a year old now. Took me about 5 attempts to get the rocks right, but am happy with it now. Lot's of swim throughs and lots of room at the front (and sides/back) for cleaning.

David Shaw

I recommend getting your own live rock and creating a setup you are happy with, that's part of the fun. I loved creating my own layout (apart from the wet socks and rock slides) :)

Nob35

Tank looks great, glad to see your nem or nems like their home. I can only hope to do half as good once my tank has a few more months running.

David Shaw

I have about 150 pounds of rock (I think) i have taken some out in the last month to open things up. If i lived local i would gladly come over to help you rock scape :)

yycguy

Hi Dave,
You will probably see my post regarding the same, but I was wondering if you are or are considering the Red Sea Reef Care program?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

David Shaw

Hi Dave,
You will probably see my post regarding the same, but I was wondering if you are or are considering the Red Sea Reef Care program?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I use the Red Sea Reef Nutrition A and B and also the reef foundation A, B and C with great success.