Dave's RSM 500

byronredsea

Dave I am looking at my lights at the moment not happy with the colour very yellow.As you all know for some reason in Australia we get every thing last well we don't have the new bulbs yet and I'm thinking ATI but I might just change 3 two pink and 1 blue.
Regards Jason

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Just spoke to my local shop fintasia in Braintree he has a new stand coming from you and will have the new lighting available soon , Kev is there a suggested pattern of lighting my sequencing is nothing like the others here rsm instructions didn't have anything about this

Hi MCJ, No real order a lot of this comes down to personal preference, I would how ever recommend one pink lamp in each 4 lamp unit and 1 white 1 blue in the centre twin unit, you may find a blue lamp useful over the front glass.

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Dave I am looking at my lights at the moment not happy with the colour very yellow.As you all know for some reason in Australia we get every thing last well we don't have the new bulbs yet and I'm thinking ATI but I might just change 3 two pink and 1 blue.
Regards Jason

Hi Jason, yes I am sorry for the delay in getting our Reef Spec Lamps to Australia it does take time to roll things out worldwide, Reef Spec lamps will be with you hopefully by the end of November early December, also a word of caution, a number of customers of ATI lamps in the USA have experienced issues when fitting them to S series aquariums, it appears the ATI lamps are a few millimetres shorter and this causes some intermittent fitting issues.

David Shaw

Here are some new pics uploaded today.

IMG_0198-1.jpg

IMG_0187-1.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0191-3.jpg

IMG_0190-1.jpg

IMG_0189-1.jpg

IMG_0188-1.jpg

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Hi Dave, Looking very nice I have to say, my apologies for the general replies on your thread which are off topic.

David Shaw

Hi Dave, Looking very nice I have to say, my apologies for the general replies on your thread which are off topic.

No problem, feel free to post away Kevin.

So pleased you like the pics. It's a bad phone camera so does't really show it off to it's best. Can hardly believe it's almost a year old now! Hope all is good with you Kevin.

Mcj

Hi dave I had a lovely little wrasse like that look hat SHE turned into ,cool though set your clock by her every night burying herself
4003205295312bcc9a78ef4aa043b00c.jpg

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Great update photos, Dave. Between you and Ernesto, I've got bigtime tank envy at the moment.

David Shaw

Thanks so much Warren. The new RSM Reef T5's really ping the colours and keep everything looking sharp, everyone has commented on the change they have made.

phf

Hi David,

Thanks for these beautiful photos and so many thanks again for all the fantastic information you are providing to all of us on your thread and others'.

I have a dream : getting at least 2 angelfishes. I already have a Coral beauty and just tried to introduce a flame angel. First try, failure. Not sure I should try again. I may have to read again how you did it in some of your early posts.

As for cleaning the pumps nozzles, are you dipping them in some vinegar or something ?

Concerning the lights, I had the chance (in France) to get my original stock of T5 replaced by the new stock and I agree the colors are much nicer.

David Shaw

Hi David,

Thanks for these beautiful photos and so many thanks again for all the fantastic information you are providing to all of us on your thread and others'.

I have a dream : getting at least 2 angelfishes. I already have a Coral beauty and just tried to introduce a flame angel. First try, failure. Not sure I should try again. I may have to read again how you did it in some of your early posts.

As for cleaning the pumps nozzles, are you dipping them in some vinegar or something ?

Concerning the lights, I had the chance (in France) to get my original stock of T5 replaced by the new stock and I agree the colors are much nicer.

Thanks Phillippe

I have 4 angel fish all living in harmony.

1st in was a Lemonpeel that was in my 130D. I later added a Flame Angel. When i added the very small Flame angel i moved the rocks around a little to distract the Lemonpeel. That worked great, a little chasing around for a few hours but the Lemonpeel soon got bored as there were lots of places to hide in the rocks. As it was a lot smaller it ended up not seeing him as a threat i guess. Then i added my last two Angels at the same time, again moving a rock or two. The Lemonpeel never bothered with them really, a little chasing for a few hours then they all settled down. Now they all get along and often swim around together.

I always look at the fish in the store, and try to go for the quiet disposition ones, as i know all fish seem to have their own personalities. This seems to have payed off for me but i am not sure if it is just luck really.

I dissolve a couple of spoons of Acetic acid crystals in warm R/O water then let the nozzles soak for an hour or so, removes all traces of build up, then rinse and return to the tank.

Hope this helps.

Choff

Amazing! Seriously 4 angels and none are after your corals? Great tip on the Acetic acid. Will give that a go.

Oh and Jason, do not get ATI bulbs. Particularly the Blue+ (the most popular). Like Kev said, they are a bit shorter and their tolerances seem to vary quite a bit.

David Shaw

Amazing! Seriously 4 angels and none are after your corals? Great tip on the Acetic acid. Will give that a go.

Oh and Jason, do not get ATI bulbs. Particularly the Blue+ (the most popular). Like Kev said, they are a bit shorter and their tolerances seem to vary quite a bit.

Yes, i got very lucky. All 4 Angels get on perfectly, swim together all the time now and none go anywhere near the corals. It's a really peaceful tank, no fighting or aggression from any of the fish.

Acetic acid works like a dream, cheap and effective way of de-calcifying equipment.