Chronicle to Christopher's 1st Reef Adventure!

Melanie

Yeah yeah yeah! You got your b-day present early! You have the coolest parents.

You definitely have to post pictures.

GeeWizzItsMe

Okay ya'll! I was at a party, and I am uploading the pics now! They aren't very good as my camera and I are still acclimating to the new and GREAT lights! Hope corals are, too!

GeeWizzItsMe

These are my new zoos from Melanie that I got yesterday!! They are beautiful!!!!
melaniezoas.jpg

These are all the zoos I have, but some are about to become Melanie's!
manyzoos.jpg

This is the new toadstool!!! When should it open up? I feel stupid because I keep buying yellow/orange corals!
madtoad.jpg

And now!!! The FTS! The pic isn't very good, and the tank is kinda dirty, but ya'll asked for it lol!
MHFTS.jpg

GeeWizzItsMe

Oh, I saw this PERFECT 4" crocea at the LFS that I LOVED! I wanted it so badly! Then I told my mom "darn, my tank has only been set up for 3 months!"

This makes me sad because it was just what I would want... It was so great...
Also, I thought it would be good to have because it sucks up nitrates, so I bought it, JK! I didn't, but I sure wanted to! Do you have to have a 6 month tank to have them??? Thanks!

tbittner

Patience is certainly key. I bought, and lost, two clams. I've given up on them for a while. I have fantastic lights too, but I also have a flame angel and I'm suspecting that it picked at the clams. But I don't know that for a fact. I just haven't had success yet. Dentoid said that it's kind of hit and miss with them.

I'll try again in a few months. I don't think clams like a lot of nitrates though.

kathywithbirds

he he he You should have seen my reaction when we first plugged mine in. Same as yours, a 150W 14K. It took a few minutes to warm up and I was a little disappointed. I got to doing somethign else for a bit and came back to the tank and WOW!!! It was like the sun coming out after a storm, seems brigther than normal, you know? I like that shimmer too.

Craig Manoukian

Awesome buddy! Remember that in time the Toadstool will fill your entitre tank so start planning that upgrade! Can you say "summer job"?

What an addiction, eh?