Cat's Healing Gift

lcstorc

I will certainly miss our trips to the LFS.
Call me. We'll get together. You can live vicariously through my tank.

BarbMazz

Thanks! It is sad and very difficult to have to give up something that got me as far as it has. Although I have made up my mind to do this, I still try to find ways around it...funny, huh? Anyway, thanks and I will return again with another. that I know, but for now this has to be.....

Cat, you love your tank so of course you find ways around taking it down.

I understand your decision and wish you the best, and hope you feel well and happy.

I'll see you around on other spaces, though. I think I have to throw a pillow at you or something.

hma

I'm speechless Cat, :cry1: . I wish you the very best, wherever you are and whatever you're doing :crowd:

caitrina

Hey Cat, do you still have corals that are in the aquarium that were there when your unfortunate incidents occurred? There are a lot of people on here who would be willing to buy them and down the road when you're ready to start up again I'm sure we could frag some pieces so that you have some of the originals that mean so much to you. I'm sure these mean a lot to you and I think it's sad that you may lose them. I'd certainly be willing to do what I can to save some corals for you in the future, maybe some others feel the same way, what a sad story. Let me know what you think, unfortunately I'm in Colorado, but I'm sure locals there could help out as well.

Yes, most of the corals I have are originals, as well as the fish. Thank you for sharing your idea and taking the time to think about it. Before you posted I got in touch with Lynn (lcstorc), we used to hit the LFS's together quite regularly, and I knew she would take care of my corals so I offered them to her, free of charge. I know that when the time comes I will be able to get frags of them back.

Cat, I wish you well in whatever you do. Know that you can always start another tank in the future if that's what's meant to be. I hope that the next chapter in your life turns out to be a happy one.

Thanks, Dr. Al. I will have a tank again. I decided to keep the tank, but empty it until I am able to set up again and I will begin anew. Lynn will take my corals, I am going to sell my rock, hopefully find a home for my fishies, move the tank to my new home in a corner of the garage until the next year or two and then start again.

I will certainly miss our trips to the LFS.
Call me. We'll get together. You can live vicariously through my tank.

We will have trips again. I will miss everything about it though. It is funny how we wrestle with these things, knowing that taking the tank down right now is the right thing, but yet selfishly wanting to keep it too. I get anxiety attacks thinking about it when I think too long.

Keep in touch Cat and happy moving!

Thanks Craig, I will keep in touch. You do the same. Maybe they should take some wagers on us...who will set up a tank first? Cat or Craig....:lol: Go for it Craig, you would be a step ahead at this point!!! :lol:

Cat, you love your tank so of course you find ways around taking it down.

I understand your decision and wish you the best, and hope you feel well and happy.

I'll see you around on other spaces, though. I think I have to throw a pillow at you or something.

It is a tough decision, but once I move I won't really have anyone to help with the care of it when I am gone. I had a BIG loss when I was gone a month or so ago because the AC quit. I came home to alot of melted corals. Funny how my originals made it through and are coming back nicely. Anyway, yes you will see me on other spaces and here also when I am able and have a tank again. Oh, when you throw that pillow, use that therapeutic one, maybe it will help!

I'm speechless Cat, :cry1: . I wish you the very best, wherever you are and whatever you're doing :crowd:

I'll be back Heinz! I'll be back in awhile with a better tank and I'll build it up to a tank like yours :snshne: WOW, then I will really have something to talk about, huh? Thank you for all your help and for sharing your knowledge, your photos, and the beauty of what you have helped to create in a cubicle of water.
:wave:

caitrina

Now that the tank is down it has gone full circle, I guess....hope for hope, life for life so to speak...I sat here and read back on many of these pages and I want to thank you all for the kindness, friendship, help, and many many laughs you have shared with me. It was great! Now to go full circle......

P1030589.jpg

caitrina

:tears: WOW! That was sad....anyway an update, I have moved to the center of the state and guess what, I haven't seen any LFS in the area. I have seen those like petco but nothing major to talk about. I have also sold my tank, the one I said I was going to keep and set up again...I guess that was false hope for myself, huh? Anyway, everyones tanks look GREAT! I stopped by to see those "buddies" of mine with whom shared many laughs and exciting stories. Hey guys remember our round robin ? Frankie, how is the clam "Cat" doing?

Ok now as I said I no longer have the tank but I got something bigger...lol...two things Bigger...Across the street from my house I have a lake and in my new yard I have a pond! I just had some reconstructuring to do on it, they stopped putting rocks around it so I had that done. WOW, I cant even post pics right now caus I dont have them uploaded. I will have to make a mental note of that...oh yeah, there are two fish in the pond! While I had an offer on this house (a short sale) and not sure if it would go through I would come over here every so often and feed these fish...lol for 9 months...I did this...and you really wouldn't believe the muck these fish were living in! Anyway....good to see everyones tanks and farewell for now!