Cat's Healing Gift

lcstorc

Ouch Victor.
That was worse than me. I loce it.
HR doesn't have ELOS anyway.
Maybe I can sneak over to HR when I take Samantha to get her haricut which is right up the street.
I can not buy anything though. Frank will kill me for sure this time. :)

lcstorc

Hmm I was thinking about calling her the other day but it was too late. I know she has been spending a lot of time in NC. I'll see if I can get her to stop by or at least find out if things are going well for her.

lcstorc

A LFS here in Cocoa. Actually it is Hidden Reef but we just call it HR. Cat used to come up here all of the time but hasn't been here in a while. I think she got busy.

Cassette87

Heya Cat! Where abouts in florida is HR in relation to the St. Pete area? I'm going to be down there for 4 days next weekend! :)

lcstorc

It's on the other side of the state unfortunately. It's in Cocoa on the east side and St Pete is on the west side. Only a couple of hours away though. If you want to come over here just let me know. I am always up for HR and it would be cool to meet you. We can have dinner or whatever.

Cassette87

It's on the other side of the state unfortunately. It's in Cocoa on the east side and St Pete is on the west side. Only a couple of hours away though. If you want to come over here just let me know. I am always up for HR and it would be cool to meet you. We can have dinner or whatever.

Thanks Lynn! I'll shoot you a PM and if I get the chance I will certainly get in touch with you while I'm there :)

BGKaake

First time reading through Cat's journey. I am in Colorado and have had a SW tank since 1982. Started with a 30 gal. and when shortly after my husband and I married in 1996, he bought me a 75 gal...little did he know the cost of filling it. I can identify with Cat's early journey with the tank...been there and made all the mistakes too. Love my hobby, but I am trying to decide if this old tank needs replacing or if I should give up the hobby due to the cost of a new tank and the major task of changing it out.

caitrina

I sit here with tears in my eyes having wrestled with the decision of taking the tank down. It served it's purpose and in fact did more than I realized it would ever do. In the first stages of my journey this tank brought me so much hope, and the strength to move forward. I sat staring at it, watching the life within it form, grow, and show me that there are beginnings that just appear out of something that looks like nothing. I will miss this tank more than I realized. It isn't just a little cube of water with things waving and floating, it is a whole cubicle of life, hope, and beauty.

I just have so many life changes, moving, health that at this time I can no longer keep the tank healthy and thriving. So in return for the life and hope it has given to me I am temporarily closing my chapter on the tank and giving back the life and hope for it. :( :(

reef dummy

How sad Cat, but good luck to you. I just caught up on your entire journey and what a journey it was. Maybe a tank in the future when the time is right. I hope your healing continues well!

caitrina

How sad Cat, but good luck to you. I just caught up on your entire journey and what a journey it was. Maybe a tank in the future when the time is right. I hope your healing continues well!

Thanks! It is sad and very difficult to have to give up something that got me as far as it has. Although I have made up my mind to do this, I still try to find ways around it...funny, huh? Anyway, thanks and I will return again with another. that I know, but for now this has to be.....

reef dummy

Hey Cat, do you still have corals that are in the aquarium that were there when your unfortunate incidents occurred? There are a lot of people on here who would be willing to buy them and down the road when you're ready to start up again I'm sure we could frag some pieces so that you have some of the originals that mean so much to you. I'm sure these mean a lot to you and I think it's sad that you may lose them. I'd certainly be willing to do what I can to save some corals for you in the future, maybe some others feel the same way, what a sad story. Let me know what you think, unfortunately I'm in Colorado, but I'm sure locals there could help out as well.

zy112

Thats a great idea, if she still has them. I know I would love to have frags of corals I gave up when I took a break from the hobby.

DrHank

Cat, I wish you well in whatever you do. Know that you can always start another tank in the future if that's what's meant to be. I hope that the next chapter in your life turns out to be a happy one.