BigAl's slow chronicle . . .

hma

Hi Allen just stopping in, nice "hares" ...... do you have any algae All? Can't hardly believe ......... :biker

caitrina

Hi Al, just checkin in. Opened up the first page and saw a pic and knew it had to be Heinz POM and sure enough it was...WOW what a guy, huh? Anyway, tank looks good and your hares...what a couple...I miss all this..well gotta go check and see if Lynn ever posted any pics of the corals I gave her and see if she mentions how they are doing....good to talk at ya's....

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Hi Allen just stopping in, nice "hares" ...... do you have any algae All? Can't hardly believe ......... :biker
Howdy friend :)

Yes I have some algae in there. Surprisingly they don't get to everything. :) It's good to see you around :)

Hi Al, just checkin in. Opened up the first page and saw a pic and knew it had to be Heinz POM and sure enough it was...WOW what a guy, huh? Anyway, tank looks good and your hares...what a couple...I miss all this..well gotta go check and see if Lynn ever posted any pics of the corals I gave her and see if she mentions how they are doing....good to talk at ya's....

Well HELLO stranger :) What a wonderful surprise :)

Good to see you. Drop me a note and catch me up :)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Just some random shots from last night *actinics*

IMG_7796.jpg
IMG_7797.jpg

IMG_7800.jpg

IMG_7804.jpg

IMG_7805.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
any update on the eggs?

Oh I forgot to update yall.

The very DAY I said I was gonna go home and "harvest" them... they were MIA when I got home. Either someone gobbled em up off the glass or they hatched and because a free floating BUFFET! Either way they were gone Gone GONE!

:)

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Interesting! Maybe some babies will eventually show up. If they hatched, and with that many eggs, maybe there's a chance that one or a couple may show up at some point in the future.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I wouldn't mind that at all. Unfortunately I don't think that's happened to anyone yet. If I see more I'll "harvest" them right off the bat. I'll put them in my hatchery in the fuge.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I like that - a sea hare baby sitter! Hey - someone has to break the barrier of raising these things - you may end up famous! :)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Last week I finally got tired of the ugly Egg-Crate frag rack and decided to "Get Busy" mounting some frags.

Here's what I came up with (terrible pic quality). I had some Sea Rock from a trip to Cozumel a while back and I've always loved Zoa Rocks. So I decided to mount some of my loose Zoas (from the Frag Rack) to a couple of these Cozumel Remnants. Here are some "Rough" pics and I'll take more as they fill in over time:

Mexican Zoa Rock 2.18.2010
IMG_7836.jpg

IMG_7837.jpg

IMG_7838.jpg

IMG_7840.jpg

SPS Mounted on Home-Made Frag Base 2.18.2010
IMG_7845.jpg

Mexican Zoa Rock 2.19.2010 (Zoas opening back up)
IMG_7847.jpg

IMG_7853.jpg

Hammer Coral Frag on Home-made Frag Base 2.18.2010 (cbrownfish)
IMG_7851.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I got a VERY large mat of GSP to start an experiment. Unfortunately due to in-climate weather and bad-luck 1/2 of the GSP didn't pull through. I still had an area roughly 6' x 9" to work with. I am wanting to see how well GSP will grow in and try to cover my ugly Over-Flow. So I took the mat and cut it into about quarter sized pieces and epoxy/glued them randomly to my Over-Flow and I had 1 piece of NEON GSP that I mounted right in the middle. I REALLY hope this project takes off...

Before
IMG_7832.jpg

IMG_7830.jpg

After (2.19.2010)
IMG_7865.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Nice job on the frags and GSP! That Cozumel rock should be a beauty when it gets covered. I hope you didn't also glue the sea hare onto the overflow. :)

BLAKEJOHN

I took a scraping of GSP off my GSP rock and just super glued it right to the wall. The scrapings were about the size of your thumb nail. They are about 6" x 8" now, that was about 6 months ago. I'll take a pic tomarrow if you want.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I took a scraping of GSP off my GSP rock and just super glued it right to the wall. The scrapings were about the size of your thumb nail. They are about 6" x 8" now, that was about 6 months ago. I'll take a pic tomarrow if you want.

I'd sure like to see it!