BigAl's slow chronicle . . .

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
any of my threads are open to "HiJacking"... heaven knows I HJ everyone else's thread :)

threadjack.gif

Rhodes19

Al, that's going to be a nice project. I like your neon gsp. I just pulled about a 6"x3" strip of the back wall on my biocube 14. I like your zoas too. As soon as I can find some cool colored ones I want to do the same thing. :)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF

I hope they turn out half-way decent. I've got one rock the size of a football completely covered (at least any area that's partially exposed to light) with some brown zoas.

BLAKEJOHN

OK as I promised to jack your thread. I guess I told a little fish story....They arent as big as I told you they were. I had a period of a few months that the nutrient were very high and nothing grew. Either way these two spots came from a scraping of maybe 10 polyps.

left.jpg

right.jpg

ftsgsp.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Excellent! I love that!! I'm so anxious to see mine grow now!

Thanks for the pics and keep us updated (in THIS thread is fine).

WVUReefer

It took a little les than a year for my GSP to cover a conch shell the size of, for lack of a better description, a football...I don't hijack threads..just your words..hahha..any way I had a question. I too have thought of taking clippings of my GSP and placing them on the overflow, but was wondering how much of an issue it would be with them growing over the intakes on the plastic?..We all know they can be as much of a pain as xenia..

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
the frag station reminds of those reef balls they use to make artificial reefs, very cool, what do you make it out of?
John do you mean something like this Aquarium Sized Reef Balls for Sale or did you mean the full-sized ones that "www.ReefBall.Org" produces and places into the ocean in disaster struck reefs? I've spoken with them many times and worked out the "Miniature" ones with them a few years back.

It took a little les than a year for my GSP to cover a conch shell the size of, for lack of a better description, a football...I don't hijack threads..just your words..hahha..any way I had a question. I too have thought of taking clippings of my GSP and placing them on the overflow, but was wondering how much of an issue it would be with them growing over the intakes on the plastic?..We all know they can be as much of a pain as xenia..

I'm planning to literally take a razor blade and keep the top couple of inches clean on my Over-Flow if it grows up that high. I'm thinking it may not stay that high because that's below the "water line" when I feed and do water changes and I have the same issue in my 10g. It stopped at the point that is exposed to air over and over again. If it does grow that high I'll just scrape it off with a razor blade. I think so anyway :)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Ok update time :)

I've taken the GSP off the back of my 10g (taking it down) and cut it into pieces and gluing it to the OF directly with SG gel. Talk about making a mess on your hands LOL
OverFlow_GSP_3_2_2010jpg.jpg

Also I've replaced my home-made Egg-Crate/Maf Scraper rack with one of browntrout's acrylic frag racks.

Here is the frag rack right out of the box
FragMagRack02.jpg

FragMagRack3.jpg

FragMagRack6.jpg

and here it is with some random frags on it IN the tank
FragMagRack8.jpg

FragMagRack10.jpg

FragMagRack9.jpg

BobBursek

Gloves AL! Gloves! I thought was your daughter doll house with the frag rack, I hope you made that and did not buy it, working with Acrylic is so easy. Are you getting mor of that new storm?

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Gotta love shedding excess super glue and Pvc cement :( reefers favorite past time.

Looks great AL

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
:LOL: Yeah I know ... gloves!!

No that's a blueprint for a house I'm working on "at work". That's part of my job to work with blueprints for new home construction.

Yeah I know acrylic is uber easy to work with but I don't have the means to cleanly cut, drill or glue racks. Ryan (browntrout) is making them from scraps and selling them UBER cheap.

Yeah we got some of the storm... more than we wanted but it looks like we MAY be done with snow for the rest of the week :D

Hopefully hitting high 40's maybe even into the 50's by Sunday :bigbounce :jumprope: :bigbounce :jumprope:

BobBursek

Al.
we have been in the 40's here in Chees land, this week!!!!!! I like you and getting to learn more about you, I would make those racks just to do it, but my kids are adults, and gave up on the dates that have an appitite and just bring an appitite with an empty plate to the table and think s3x makes up for it and looking for a retirment package, so I have time to make up stuff. Not that I am not open to female companonship, but let our brokers decide if we are equitable.