August '07 Photo Contest Entry

forstral

I'm not sure which photo to use. This will be my first entry and all the others look so much better but I want to show off the little guys.

103_0357.gif

104_0465.gif

Cougra

Well, I know that I can't participate in the actual contest I would still like to share my favourite fish photo!

ag_06232.jpg

brikeibur

I used a nikon D50 with a 100mm Promaster macro lens

Nikon D80 w/ Nikkor 18-135mm lens.

Nikon 5700.

Thanks guys. Aquaman, I actually had been looking thru ur reef chronicles earlier this week and was admiring some of your great shots. So I saw where you had mentioned your lens there. I looked one up for my camera (a 100mm macro) and it was between $400 and $700 bucks ($399.99 being the cheapest one I found). :bugout: I am going to try and find me a used one though, that is just so HIGH. I know lenses are a lot though, is that about what you paid for yours? My camera is a Canon Rebel XTI. I have a regular Canon 18-55mm lens and a Tamron Tele-Macro 70-300mm (a tripod is a must on this one to have really nice pics). I love the lenses, they have worked great for me, but I am new to Tank photography and haven't really got the hang of it yet.

There are SOOO many great shots on this site. You guys just ROCK!! This photography contest thingy every month is GREAT!! I love seeing all the entries! Thanks so much for the info on your pics too. You guys do wonderful photography....I hope I can be like you one day!!:invisible

aquaman3680

Brian- I did not pay that much for my lens although the lens that I really want is that much. Look for a promaster lens. They are one of the less expensive of the macro lenses.

Matt

dobejazz

For my Pic I used a Canon Powershot sd630 digital elph for a compact camera I've been very happy with it

forstral

There is some really outstanding pictures here. For those of you who don't mind, please post what type of camera and lens you used for your shot. I would LOVE to know!! Great job btw!!!
Thanks!

I used a Digital Rebel w/ 18-55mm lens on manual. I also had a hood halfway installed, it really doesn't fit this lens, that fits my 300mm telephoto lens.

Snelly40

i used a Nikon P3, its just a point and shoot but its 10 MP.
The big differenece in cameras is the LENSE, not always the megapixels. My girlfriend is a graphic designer and swears by the Nikon D50

brikeibur

Thanks for more camera and lens info. I agree about the lens thingy....I really really want a new macro lens....the 100mm ones are really high though, perhaps I can find a 60mm one that will be more in my price range (as if reef-keeping isn't expensive enough, then we have to go spend another fortune on nice camera equipment so we can capture our reef..... :))

aquaman3680

Im not sure a 60mm is the best choice. Depending on how wide your tank is you cant really get up close shots of stuff in the back of the tank with a 60mm you subject has to be closer to the camera than with a 100mm.

JMHO

Matt