87G AGA Eventual reef

ludachris

lgerold thaks for the input!

I think I will like the stand I’m planning to "close" the stand all around. I'm very excited and or impatient to get everything started and I cannot decide whether to keep the stand or not. I’m not quite sure if my aquarium will have a problem or not since it will not sit square on the stand.

chris

ludachris

I sent the stand back to the LFS and got my money back. I'll ask around for a metal stand and look into a wooden stand.

ludachris

Wooden Stand

I took back the metal stand and got my money back and finally decided to go with a wooden stand. Today I picked up my lumber ready cut, later on I will start to put it together!

ludachris

Here is a pic of the wood.

Wood_Stand.JPG
[/IMG]

Last edited:

ludachris

Just started to fit the pices together and everything seems to fit in nicely. The truth is i like working with wood. Most likely the stand will be finished tomorrow and ready for staining.

lcstorc

Looks like you are off to a good start.
Best of luck and post pics often. We love to be updated.
:)

ludachris

Stand_07.JPG
[/IMG]

Just the doors and the right panel are left. (aquarium will sit at a corner)

I ned some advice I'm planing to stain and waterproof the base. What stain and "water proofng" products should i use. I would like something nontoxic if it is possible just in case...

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Ludachris, just saw your thread!! wondered where you got to. I think your metal stand was dropped on one corner and it " lozenged " can be fixed by dropping it again on opposite corner But it will be weakened quite a bit, really glad they took it back. Your new stand looks GREAT, more pics soon ok. Steve

ludachris

Here is a picture of the stand before the varnish.

I will make, stain, varnish the doors later on since i haven't decided exacly what I want. Any ideas are more than welcome.

Stand_11.JPG
[/IMG]

ludachris

Got my aquarium up and running with freshwater to test for leaks and see how all the equipment is running. Ill post some pics shortly with the equipment in place.

Its been a while since I last posted.

lcstorc

Good luck on the leak test. I can't wait to see it filled and waiting for it's new inhabitants.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Good call taking the uneven metal stand back. Great work building your own stand! Let's see some pics :)

ludachris

It’s been a while since I last posted, I’ve been waiting for my hardware to come. The leak test went fine. Here are a few shoots of my equipment….