4*2*2 common tank

lcstorc

Hmm sounds like the best of both worlds. LOL
Could you do some sort of small space with a spray bar of some sort to help with the debris? Sorry if that is stupid, but the plumbing and electrical stuff leaves me way behind. Good thing I have someone around who understands it and helps with mine. Grin
Meanwhile I just got Mh lights and am seriously considering SPS so maybe I'll see if I can come up with my own version. It will take a long time to get anywhere near what you had but may be a good place to start.
Thanks

sunny

HI Gina

This is what i does to the rock wall

a71bc8d5.jpg

the rock fit to the side of the tank an lies paralla to the tank wall.

i did not fit a power head behind main reason is how to keep the rocky wall up right if the power head is place behind. even with the PH behind there is still bound to have some dead spots.

only way to prevent the build up is to glue the whole tank wall with rock leave no gaps; but can the back wall of tank withstand the weight of the rocks is another issue.

Hi Icstorc

i did think of it adding a small spray bar. but is the pressure of it able to blown off the debris?

If i would do it again i will try to have the whole background glue with marine epoxy resin

Maybe i will find a sheet of acrylic slightly small than the background, using epoxy to glue the rocks to the acrylic, when it is dry. Have the whole acrylic rocky wall glue it to the tank wall of fix it there. so there are no gaps behind.

maybe i shall do that with a smaller nano tank see how is the effect of it.

lcstorc

Hmmm. Interresting idea. It just might work, but I like the thought of trying it in a small tank first. Unfortunately I am addicted to re-arranging my rock-work so probably not the answer for me, but it sure looked nice.
Best of luck and see you around.

sunny

some update for my tank since it is x mas

zoos corner
zoos.jpg

rebuild or my sps hill
rebuildofspshill.jpg

top view of it ( the red monti is actually an orange monti)
topviewsps.jpg

green tran
greentran.jpg

reef valley
closeupofvalley25ded06.jpg

close up of the making of monti hill
closeup02LPShill25dec06.jpg

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Very nice sunny ! The tank looks very healthy...you must be very brave keeping a Clown Trigger in that tank !

lcstorc

Everything looks great. Guess I need to take some Christmas shots as well. Perhaps later today. :)

sunny

thanks the clown had been in there for 4 mths plus i am prepare to catch it out if it mis-behave......

here are some more pic of the tank..

male lyretail
Lyretail-1.jpg

green monti
greemonti.jpg

two of my biggest fish
closeupofLSPhill25dec06.jpg

pink discoma
pinkdiscoma.jpg

discoma
discoma.jpg

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Beautiful corals and fish! I am looking to buy an achilles this week. How does your behave?

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Huummm... the full tank shot wasn't there last time I posted :dunno:

Very, very nice! Beautiful reef indeed. I like the way you've used the overflow and back to mount corals.

Haha.. the black polymnus is as large as the sohal! :LOL: