boozeman

they both produce different types of flow patterns. The vortecs are laminar, nice wide ,dispersed and the tunzes are very directional. You are going to have a lot of flow there with both the vortecs and the koralias. you may want to keep things tuned down a bit until the sand settles :lol:

michael_cb_125

I thought that the tunze produced a wide flow pattern.
"Since the introduction of the Turbelle® stream pump, the realisation of currents in reef aquariums has changed. The pumps have been developed especially for water circulation in aquariums and set an absolute record in the field of aquarium pumps with 30,000 l/h (7,925 USgal./h) and an energy consumption of only 64 Watt.
Commercially available aquarium pumps produce an excessively high flow rate in the core area of the water jet and a much too low flow in the marginal areas. These differences will lead to stress on the aquarium inhabitants, in particular on coral polyps. Whereas it is desirable to generate gentle parallel flow lines in the aquarium with lower flow rates and without a hard water jet. Like in nature and to the benefit of the animals, Turbelle® stream pumps meet these requirements.
The electronically controllable models have been fitted with a FishCare function when the motor is at a standstill." This is from Tunze Websire.

boozeman

when you turn them on and put your hand in front of them you will see what I mean. (I was doing that at MACNA, and driving the exibitors crazy sticking my hand in thier tanks :lol:)

cioutlaw

Booze- What do you think about the Tunze PHs, and the Vortecs?

I have Tunze streams & have seen the Vortechs up close. Honestly you couldnt go wrong with either pump. Both top of the line stuff. I chose Tunzes only cause they have been around for a long time & I wanted to hide them & they make the Stream rock that works great. What Booze said about flow may be true but the Tunzes do put out a wide flow. I have mine halfway down a 25" tall tank & they cover from top to bottom with no problem.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
(I was doing that at MACNA, and driving the exibitors crazy sticking my hand in thier tanks :lol:)
I would PAY to see that! Maybe I CAN in MACNA XX!!

You sure you want to put sand in that tank?
Exactly or do you think you SHOULD? I mean with THAT much flow WILL the sand ever settle?
Michael you're going to have one HECK of a tank buddy! Are you taking out a mortgage on this?

michael_cb_125

I would PAY to see that! Maybe I CAN in MACNA XX!!

Exactly or do you think you SHOULD? I mean with THAT much flow WILL the sand ever settle?
Michael you're going to have one HECK of a tank buddy! Are you taking out a mortgage on this?

I think that the sand will be fine after a few hours. All the PHs will be aimed at the surface. Except the Vortecs. So I think everything will be fine.

I hope this tank ends up nice. I aim taking my time, and getting everything right the first time. I have not skimped on anything. Even if it has taken me a little longer to get it. I dont want to buy anything more than once.

I talked to Marc, at MarcoRocks. He said that the rock is at port. He said it has been there since last week, but customs has been terribly slow. He said it should be shipped out by mid next week.

michael_cb_125

Same difference. At the rate you are going with your tank, a few weeks=an few hours. :) I feel the same way with mine.

I cant wait to get this baby up and running.

michael_cb_125

I will get the pics up tonite. I am going out with a few friends (I need a brake) Then I will get some pics up later tonite.

tbittner

Don't drink and drive!!!

You won't be able to take pictures and work on getting your baby up and running while sitting in jail, or worse.... :)

kathywithbirds

Hey Michael, ReefGoddess has this cool yellow/scopas tang in another thread... I can't talk her into buying it 'cause I've got brookynella but maybe if you hop over to her thread.... :D

michael_cb_125

Well here are some pics. Not much has changed. Except now I have an awesome tank.
DSC01818.jpg

DSC01814.jpg

DSC01815.jpg

DSC01819.jpg

DSC01821.jpg

DSC01822.jpg

DSC01817.jpg

I tried to get some good pics of the seams, but my good camera was at Megan's House. I will try to get some better pic Tommorow.