michael_cb_125

Morning Everyone. Sorry I did not get any pictures up last Night. Well this morning Me Jose, Lilo, Gary, and Tiger got the old chiped tank off the stand and got the new one up there. That is a heavy tank!!! It took all of us to get that beast up there. I will take some pics and get them up laer tonite. I need to order some bulkheads and get the plumbing going. I am so glad we are finally getting down to the starting line!!!!

michael_cb_125

Sand is heavy Right?
DrsfosterandSmith is a great company.
I am ordering 448# of sand. Yeah I know it is alot. Actually it is 15 bags. Well guess how much it is to ship all this to me.

$17.99
I dont see how they do it, they must have a hellacious contract with FEDEX and UPS.

michael_cb_125

Question?

I am building this tank around Jose and his new little girl I will be getting him. How deep should I go. I have him on like 2-3 inches now, he is doing great. I am think ing about a 4 inch sandbed. Slopped to the front.
Should this be ok? I dont think I want a super deep sand bed but I am not sure. What to do.

boozeman

Update from Marc, for those who have pending orders with him:

Thanks for pre ordering your rock.
I truly appreciate your trust and your support.
As I'm sure you are now aware our shipment is behind schedule.
We expected it to clear customs just after Christmas but that didn't happen.
I sincerely apologize for that, rest assured we are doing everything possible to get that shipment here and out to you ASAP!

As a way of saying thank you and in appreciation for your wait.
I will be shipping every box backordered with an
additional 5 pounds of rock.

Additionally in 5 orders (drawn randomly) I will be including a
Sea-Flow maxi-jetpropeller kit
Winners will be contacted for their choice of size.

I expect to have my shipping manifest today and will send another email just as soon as i have a firm ship out date for you.

Once again thank you for your business
and as always please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns

boozeman

michael had a change in plans and is too busy adding baffles to the 240 in an effort to make it the sump of his new 750gal. reef

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
:lol: :LOL: He must be verry, verry busy! He's in the reef zone, not to be disturbed by our presence!

tbittner

750? Nah... I saw the plans for a really nice, really pretty 1,125g "L" shaped aquarium last night and I bet he is planning that out...

michael_cb_125

Sorry everyone I have beeen crazy busy.
I will try to get some pictures posted tonite, but it may have to be tommorow
I am sorry I have said I will post picks but have not.

tbittner

Awwww, Michael. We were just picking on you and we wouldn't do that if we didn't LOCE you! :)

When ever you have time, we would love to see some pics.

(are the pics posted yet? :D )

JUST KIDDING!!! :)

michael_cb_125

Well I will have to get the pictures up tommorow. But I did order two More powerheads for the tank. I ordered two Tunze TZ1313 (1585 GPH). So these two new pumps, the two Koralias (1200 GPH) and the two Vortecs (3000 GPH) along with my return pump should really get the water flowing.
Good Nite~Michael

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
You can't see me right now, but I have a fat lower lip and it is quivering. Good night Michael.

michael_cb_125

Well the total water turnover in my tank will be 53X per hour.
My little fish will have to get into shape.
Eco-Tech Vortec (3000 GPH) X2
Tunze Turbelle (1585 GPH) X2
Hydor Koralia (1200 GPH) X2
Return Pump Little Giant (1225 GPH at Head)