Search results

1. kathya0321

Metal Tongs

ok thanks, going to do another water change today. Tank has been up and running for 3 months with no issues. Sick fishes do not show any outward signs of disease, will have to see how my other fish do as time goes on.
  2. kathya0321

Metal Tongs

I use metal tongs to feed my brittle star clams, within the last 2 days my clown fish and watchman goby are laying on their sides and breathing very hard, we have tested our water sal 1.025 ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 20 ph 8.2 phos .044 Just wondering if using those tongs could be putting...
  3. kathya0321

What size Koralia

Hi, I am upgrading to a 72 gallon bowfront, wondering what size Koralia's I need I will be purchasing 2 for each side of the tank.
  4. kathya0321

Posting Photos

Seemed to have figured it out as you can see by my new avatar!
  5. kathya0321

ID Please

yes I do believe it is. Thank you!
  6. kathya0321

ID Please

IMG_0244[1] by kathya0321 posted Feb 12, 2015 at 3:34 PM I noticed this today under the rock my torch coral is on, it looks as if there may be two of them. Any idea of what they can be, looks like some kind of filter feeder.
  7. IMG_0244[1]

IMG_0244[1]

8. kathya0321

Posting Photos

I am trying to upload a picture and I keep getting a message saying the file is too large. Any ideas? I've never posted a pic before so not sure what I am doing.
  9. kathya0321

Ammonia Spike

Thanks, I was wondering about the test kit too, will have it checked tomorrow.
  10. kathya0321

Ammonia Spike

So my 14 gal Bio Cube has been up and running for 10 months. I have been having trouble keeping my Nitrates down, I normally do a 2 gallon water change per week, but I decided to do a 3 gallon last week. The next day all my corals looked terrible, and like they were dying. I checked my...
  11. kathya0321

Skimmer

Mainly smaller fish, clowns, gobies, flame angel, firefish and blennies along with my corals. Trying to keep to reef safe fish and nonagressive. My husband has been researching skimmers and has settled on the one you suggested.
  12. kathya0321

Skimmer

Can someone give me some ideas on a good skimmer for a 72 gal reef tank? I will be doing a 30 gal refugim and placing it in there.
  13. kathya0321

Kessil A150W Special Blend LED Aquarium Light vs Innovative Marine 8 Watt 14000K

I am using the Sky Blue, not the Ocean Blue. Ph 8.2 Ammonia 0 ppm Nitrites 0 ppm DKH 7-8 Temp 78 Having a little trouble with Nitrates, have done two water changes of 2 gallons each time, it is down to 20 ppm now, will do another change in a couple of days. I really hadn't been feeding...
  14. kathya0321

Kessil A150W Special Blend LED Aquarium Light vs Innovative Marine 8 Watt 14000K

Hi, So I am looking for advice for lighting on my Bio Cube 14. I had the Innovative Marine first and it didn't seem to give off enough light, so I switched to the Kessil. My corals don't seem to be doing any better and know I am not sure if the light is to bright. Any ideas?
  15. kathya0321

New Mushroom

Ok thanks for the info.
  16. kathya0321

New Mushroom

I just received a Orange Ricordia mushroom in the mail today. Since I have put it in my tank it has been giving off slime. Is that a bad thing or is it something they do when they are stressed?
  17. kathya0321

Lighting for Bio Cube 14

So what kind of corals could I keep, I really am only interested in softies and LPS. I bought an Innovative Skkyelight 8w 14000k and now my duncan's are not coming out like before. Could this be the reason.
  18. kathya0321

Lighting for Bio Cube 14

Hi! Gonna try this again.
  19. kathya0321

Corals not looking good

I usually keep the temp at 78
  20. kathya0321

Corals not looking good

I am using Reef Crystals and my salinity is 1.025. I am also having a problem with a powdery algae in my tank. Could that be from the heat also, going buy a phosphate testing kit to see if that is also a part of the problem.