Kessil A150W Special Blend LED Aquarium Light vs Innovative Marine 8 Watt 14000K

kathya0321

Hi,

So I am looking for advice for lighting on my Bio Cube 14. I had the Innovative Marine first and it didn't seem to give off enough light, so I switched to the Kessil. My corals don't seem to be doing any better and know I am not sure if the light is to bright. Any ideas?

DaveK

My question is, which special blend are you using? Kessil makes several versions. Generally with lighting as you go with more blue, you tend to get less growth. Sometimes you even see tanks that use so much blue that they look very unnatural.

Tell us more about your system. What do your test kits tell you? Please post exact readings, since statements such as "all my tests are excellent" don't tell us anything.

What corals are you having problems with, and what is the nature of the problem. Again "don't seem to be doing any better" doesn't convey much information.

What are you feeding the corals?

Looking at the stock list in your signature , I don't see anything that is an obvious problem. The flame angel might eat or pester some corals, but that depends on the individual fish.

kathya0321

I am using the Sky Blue, not the Ocean Blue.

Ph 8.2
Ammonia 0 ppm
Nitrites 0 ppm
DKH 7-8
Temp 78

Having a little trouble with Nitrates, have done two water changes of 2 gallons each time, it is down to 20 ppm now, will do another change in a couple of days. I really hadn't been feeding the corals except the Duncans some Brine Shrimp, I recently starting feeding Coral Frenzy. My corals do not seem to be growing at all. some of my zoa's have become very leggy and not opening up.

I hope this is enough information