Search results

1. jnohs

What type of clam do I own?

I have had this girl for about 2 years now and has about doubled in size. I just dont know what type it is? any input would be good thanks.
  2. jnohs

Coral/Alge relationship in my tank...

I have been reefing now for about 4 years. I have gone through a couple of tanks 29 bio cube 14 bio cube 55 long no sump 75 gallon with sump, overflow, p skimmer, chiller, good lights (current tank) In my current tank witch is about 1 3/4 years old. I have had tremndouse growth in many...
  3. jnohs

A little help plz...

What type of clam do I own. Here are a few pics.
  4. jnohs

Macro coral shots

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
  5. jnohs

Backwards Growing Coral!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a green with purple tip acro. That i guess could be considered somewhere between stag horn and bottle brush morps. It is one of my most colorful and contrasting specimens. I received a small, small piece of it from a trade I was doing stuck it in my rock and now a year later it is very...
  6. jnohs

coral shots!!!!

My mixed reef..........
  7. jnohs

Been a while?w/FTS! also some thoughts...

It has been a while. But I am still reefing. And yes of course I should be doing more water changes. I have been having a lot of luck with my tank. Over the last year now that I have a proper reef ready tank, With sump,skimmer,chiller,decent lights,diy carbon and phosban chamber. But recently...
  8. jnohs

chillen witg a chiller

i just bought a jbj 1/10 hp arctica chiller from some one on manhatten reefs message board. this is for my 75. it takes about 2 hours for it to get up tp 79.5 then it cools it down for an hour to 77.5 at night it goes to 77.2. thats about a 2.2 degree though out the 24 hour period. but doesnt...
  9. jnohs

frag station

i have set up a frag station and was wondering what corals are good under a 14,000k 70watt HQI that is about 4 inches awayfrom the water and the plugs are 4 inches under the water a total of 8 inches. my question what coral should i put under that light that will grow the fastest. i have no...
  10. jnohs

dying percillapora

i have 3 colny and 2 small colny percillapora all of witch are not looking good. 2 of them are half gone with just empty white skelatons and the other 3 are extending there polyps. but dont look good. i have just went and got 2 thermometers a digital and an analog. i havent had a...
  11. jnohs

frag station compleat...

I finally finished my sump and just need a light and i am fraggen. cant wait. i used the standard light square plug holder. this is going to be fun. in about 2 to 3 months i will be willing to remove some clippings for the start of my frags. for now i think i am going to just buy some corals and...
  12. jnohs

ne1 use these?

Ecotech Marine Vortech Propeller Powerhead/Pump Ecotech Marine Vortech Propeller Powerhead/Pump i was thinking of getting a pair of wireless vtech powerheads with my stimules check. for my rr aga 75gallon. so what does any1 or everyone think?
  13. jnohs

new lights

ok so i am currently running 4 t5ho and 4 65w pc i just purchased an addition 2 t5 ho 54w fixture now i will be running 6 t5 ho 54w and 1 65w pc kelvin will be 2 actnic t5ho 460nm 1 actnic t5ho 420nm 2 18,000k t5ho 1 6500k t5ho ----------------- 1 pc 65watt this bulb will...
  14. jnohs

first acan.

I definalty have an acan now it is a 3 head acan. deep red circles with white and blue stripes. I put the frag high in my tank getting a decent amount of light. what do you guy or gals have to say about them. growth,lighting,flow?
  15. jnohs

no feeding?

does ne1 here feed as little as me. in the last 6 months i have put about 1 tablespoon of homemade reef chile in a 75 gallon tank. with this livestock so you can compare 1 bicolorblenny 1 lawnmower blenny 2 clowns 1 large black brittle star 2 medium black brittle star 1 reef lobster 1...
  16. jnohs

fts new locations

17. jnohs

diatomfilter for detrius?

I was thinking of borrowing my father inlaws diatomfilter to suck up the detrius in my tank. I have a bare bottom tank that has a massive detrius build up on the bottom. I usally just stir up the tank and let it go over my over flow and settle in my sump. But it dosnt work that well. So i was...
  18. jnohs

what eats caulpera?

I have a colnie of caulper that is growing in the corner of my tank that is getting a little out of controll. and i need something that is going to eat it. my trimming it dosnt seem to be doing the job and now it is out of controll. What fish, slug,crab whatever eats feather caulpera??
  19. jnohs

tiny black bugs

i just wanna make sure that these are not parasitiac. they are to small for a photo. there fast, tiny, black with 2 white dots. they live in the millions of little holes in my rock. I can not belive that after looking in my tank for about 2.5 years now there are still animals in my tank that i...
  20. jnohs

esential elements

does any 1 here dose a product like this. i figure if my water changes dont keep my calc,alk,mag up it probably does not keep up some of my other ions or minerals. so i was thinking of getting one of these products such as Kents "Essential Elements" and just dose half the recomended amount. I...