ne1 use these?

Jeremy0322

There are a few people on here that use them, i dont recall hearing anything bad about them either, but i use hydor koralias so i dont have any first hand experience.

Jeremy0322

Nope, I use the old school ones. I actually dont think anyone on here is using the new HK's with the controller...haha...but I could be wrong about that.

largo

I have one nw40 and like it just fine. However, I also have a koralia 8(uncontrolled) and while I like the look of the vortec better I like the flow pattern of the koralia better.
My tank is 7' long with vortec on left end I can actually feel the current push out across about 2' with the k8 on the other end I can feel the current push over 3+'.
The K8 uses less energy and puts out more flow for about 1/2 the price.

lcstorc

I have the controlable Koralias. Love them with a couple of exceptions.
The controlable ones can only be used with their controller. You cannot use them as a regular Koralia or use with any other controller.
The cords are rather short. The cord for each power head is 6ft long. With my 6ft tank we had to get a bit creative.
I never thought of it before but we never tried contacting Koralia to see if there is an extension of some kind so there could be.