Search results

1. G

curing rock metal bulkhead

So I need to cure some live rock so I went out and bought a 100 gallon tub. I didn't notice until I got home that the tub had a metal bulkhead in it. Ideally I wouldn't curing in a tub with a metal bulkhead but I need to get going on this. Will metal leach into the Rock? Will it be okay to...
  2. G

"Real Reef Rock" vs dry Fiji rock ?

would love to get some feedback on anyone whom has done a tank build with either of the two aquascape rocks. "Real Reef Rock" - From live aquaria. Or Fiji dry rock from bulkreefsupply. I am hesitant on the real reef rock because of the extreme cost. With the Fiji dry rock my main concern...
  3. G

Sump new 210 build

Finally took the plunge and upgraded to a 210 dual overflow tank. I plan on setting it up as reef. I will be breaking down my two 65 gallon reefs and combining them into one. The filtration in the bottom is where I am looking for some feedback, ideas, and thoughts. I will be tying in my two...
  4. G

Phosphate reactors? And media?

Looking to purchase a phosphate reactor. Are they worth the money? What is the best media to use for the reactors? I tested my water and found I had high phosphates and currently running fluval phos guard in a media sock. Any tips or experience on this matter would be appreciated.
  5. G

3 day tank blackout

Doing a tank 3 day blackout. I have done a blackout before I was just wondering if since I have a refugium if I have to leave an air hole for the tank to breath. If it is getting fresh oxygenated water from the refugium/ sump in the bottom of the tank does the top need a hole???? Should I...
  6. G

Radion led light gen 1 - gen 3 link ?

I have a radion light. I am not sure what generation it is but it could be a 1 or 2. It's the one with the buttons that are not actual buttons but sensors. To make a long story short I am looking at getting another and was interested in seeing if anyone has any experience or knowledge...
  7. G

Any good protein skimmers under $200

Looking for a protein skimmer under $200. Any one have a good lead on place or brands to find a good deal. I have a 65 gallon tank with a 30 gallon refugium. In sump would be nice
  8. G

AI Sol light cycle help

I just bought another tank. I know I think I am a reef addict. Anyways, The tank I bought has two AI sol lights I finally have everything up and running but this light cycle and ramp thing is confusing with these lights. I have fourteen timers and have set them all. It looks good and goes up...
  9. G

Water going over corner overflow! Please help!

I have a 65 gallon reef with a corner overflow and mega flow kit. I am stumped on what's going on. The water is bypassing the slots in the top of the overflow and going directly over the top of it leaving the water level centimeters from the top of the tank the water level is over the middle...
  10. G

Tds 3 after first use

I just bought a four stage ro/di unit from bulk reef supply. I used it for about sixty gallons and flushed it. Turned it on today and flushed went to make ro/di water and now instead of 0 on my tads metered it is reading 3 tads. People at bulk reef supply told me I need to change my resin. I...
  11. G

Anyone have leads on cheap clownfish

Hi, Just seeing what kind of deals people are coming across on clownfish. I would like to start up a clownfish reef and want to buy a few for a good price. I know their are some people that raise them on here so I figured I would give a post a try. Sincerely Looking for a deal
  12. G

Best led for the dollars ebay?

Looking into get a new lighting system for my 65 tall tank. I have one echo tech led over it now and it's under a canopy just not high enough so it's not getting enough light. I should have two but can't convince myself to pay the dollars for another. So going to set up a smaller tank for the...
  13. G

R/O DI unit any recommendations

I would like to get an R/O DI unit. I have looked on ebay and their are sooooooo many to pick from. I'am just looking for a good recommendation or what not to get in an R/O DI unit. Gpd is not a huge deal. Price matters but I don't want to buy one cheap and it be a piece Any advice is...
  14. G

Red bubble tip with coral.

Hi I just acquired two red bubble tip anenomes i'am worried about them stinging my corals anyone have luck with keeping coral and anenomes together
  15. G

Radion light not enough.......

Haven't posted in awhile but I have a dilemma. I purchased a radion light awhile ago I really like it but I have upgraded from a 29gal to a 65 gal tall. My dilemma is that I don't get enough coverage with my light and can't raise it any higher. Don't want to buy another radion because they...
  16. G

Kh high help

Hi! Please help if you have any knowledge or experience on getting high kh readings. I have just set up a new reef tank and am already having some issues with the parameters. Kh is almost double what it should be at 400 (21 drops With the standard drop kit) Ph is also low and will not buffer...
  17. G

Bio balls part of problem?

Came across a dilemma today. I have little experience with wet dry filters. Question is friend has a 90 gallon tank with lots of live rock and a wet dry filter with bio balls. Does he even need the bio balls with over 100 lbs of live rock? Lots of hair algae we will call it an infestation I...
  18. G

Bio balls in a wet dry reef

Came across a dilemma today. I have little experience with wet dry filters. Question is friend has a 90 gallon tank with lots of live rock and a wet dry filter with bio balls. Does he even need the bio balls with over 100 lbs of live rock? Lots of hair algae we will call it an infestation I...
  19. G

best fish remove green algae

i have long waving green algae in my tank. What in your opinion is the best fish to remove this green algae?
  20. G

Apitasia futration..........

I have a 55 gal. reef that has been up for about 5 years. i just ran into some water quality issues after the big move from indiana to south carolina. I figure it has taken me about 6 months to get the water right and know that i have gotten all of the water parameters, alge problems, and new...