Kh high help

Hi!
Please help if you have any knowledge or experience on getting high kh readings. I have just set up a new reef tank and am already having some issues with the parameters.
Kh is almost double what it should be at 400 (21 drops With the standard drop kit)
Ph is also low and will not buffer up sitting at about 8 or 8.2

I think the only way to lower kh is a water change???
Maybe just due to it being a new tank?
Any kh info would help

Thanks to those who help me out here

ReefingFun

Perhaps a bit of information about your system would help people more to give your accurate information. :)
When did you put the system up and what are you using for water / salt etc ?

ReefingFun

If there is nothing else in the tank I would just let it settle really and just let your tank cycle the normal way.

There are a few corals leathers, some green star polyps and green button polyps. A couple little fish. Everything looks happy and healthy except the green button polyps which I think I just had set to high in he tank moved them down and hey seem to be doing better. Just don't know why I would have such a high kh. Guess I will just keep an eye on it.

Bad test kit, perhaps. However, carbonate hardness is buffering capacity so it makes sense that your ph is not buffering up. I would stop adding chemicals and start doing more water changes more often, this should bring stability to your tank in time. Besides carbonates are found in your salt mix when you do water changes. This should replenish the carbonates you loose over time. What kind of salt are you using? May be bad salt you used a month ago.