Search results

1. jroberts51411

Recommendations for another fish

I would like to add another fish to my RSM 130, but I cannot make up my mind. I wanted to add a green mandarin, but due to the tank's age (10 months) and the fact that I have a six-line wrasse, I have almost decided against it. The fish must be reef safe and not aggressive. I currently have a...
  2. jroberts51411

Ceramic Bio Media

I know that many people eventually ditch the ceramic bio media in the COD. What is the time frame for this? I have been running my tank for about 7 months. I have nearly 35 pounds of live rock and nearly 40 pounds of live sand in my RSM 130. I would eventually like to stop using the ceramic bio...
  3. jroberts51411

Help ID this black something that seems to be very mobile already.

It looks sort of like a thick black worm with projections all over its body. My six-line is very interested and has been picking on it every since it noticed it. Is this a good or bad thing to have in my tank. Best picture I could get of him.
  4. jroberts51411

Adding blue-green chromis to RSM 130.

I like the thought of a small school of blue-green chromis. Do you guys think an RSM 130 would be a good fit for chromis? Has anybody had success with them?
  5. jroberts51411

Barnacles: good or bad in aquarium

I noticed one of my new snails come with two tiny barnacles on its back. Does anyone know anything about barnacles in an aquarium. Do they survive? Are they good or bad?
  6. jroberts51411

James's RSM 130

I started my first saltwater aquarium six months ago. I had always been interested in saltwater aquariums, but I never made the plunge until I found a RSM 130 on Craigslist for 300 bucks with the starter kit. The guy lived 20-30 minutes from me. He bought the RSM at the LFS brand new. He filled...
  7. jroberts51411

Maybe Pocillopora. Help ID my new frag please.

I am not completely sure this is Pocillopora, but that is what they told me at the LPS. Could I get some more opinions.
  8. jroberts51411

Any recommendations on what type of pump to add to RSM 130?

Although I am having no problems in my tank, I would like to eventually add a pump to the right side of my RSM 130 to increase circulation. Does anyone have any recommendations? What has worked well for you guys?
  9. jroberts51411

New to reef aquarium keeping and RS.

I am new to both the hobby and the forum. My setup is the Red Sea Max 130 (not the d model). It is six months old. I currently have about 30-35 pounds live rock, a long tentacle anemone with hosted anemone crab, a rose tip anemone with hosted yellow stripe maroon clown, a yellow watchman goby...