Any recommendations on what type of pump to add to RSM 130?

Although I am having no problems in my tank, I would like to eventually add a pump to the right side of my RSM 130 to increase circulation. Does anyone have any recommendations? What has worked well for you guys?

DET

I have been going to all the local (and some non local) fish stores over the past weeks comparing them all. Today I went into the best I have seen so far in my area (Cleveland). Beautiful tanks, beautiful corals and lots of lights and equipment. They didn't sell the Ecotechs, but when I looked underneath all of their beautiful tanks, each one had a pair of MP10W's.

I think it says something when the LFS goes out of their way to buy the MP10s when they could just use the pumps they sell in the store (not bad ones by any means) .

Full disclosure: I have a MP10

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
many start with a Hydor Koralia, they are okay - cheap & bulky (I did...) them upgrade... but if you can... save these $$$ and start with a vortech

Love my Vortech - I run stock RSM tanks (130D & 250) - with an MP10s and just love them - they don't transfer heat to the tank either - a big plus :)

Thanks for the info guys. Seeing as how I am a medical student, I will probably start with the hydor koralia (money saved on this means more money for the tank). Maybe the vortech someday. Sad that day cannot be now :(

mattreidy

You should reconsider... Think of it as an investment in your tank. Put off other tank additions to save for quality components. You'll save money in the long run and be a happy reefer still interested in the hobby after your loans are paid off... Maybe

bmplank86

Has been struck by the ban stick
Just don't go all fancy with the wireless one, $235 and your flow will be great, it will look amazing and add value to your money pit

"No rain, no rainbow"

catran

I had a MP10 but the dryside broke after 18 mos. I hear that's pretty unusual though.
I wish it still worked, because it was awesome! I used a Koralia at first, then when I got the MP10, I used the Koralia for mixing my saltwater, so I really didn't lose money by starting out small.

I love reefers...

The MP10 Dryside can be worked on- hardest part is opening the case. I rebuilt mine. installed a set of ceramic bearings. been working for well over a year now with no issues- stays cool to the touch and is nice and quiet. just google it- I know there is some information online in regards to rebuilding one (that is how I did mine- researched on google and bought the bearings from Boca Bearings online).

I had a MP10 but the dryside broke after 18 mos. I hear that's pretty unusual though.
I wish it still worked, because it was awesome! I used a Koralia at first, then when I got the MP10, I used the Koralia for mixing my saltwater, so I really didn't lose money by starting out small.

I love reefers...

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
One is rated Flow Range: 200-1,500 gallons (750 – 6,000+ Liters) per hour up to a 50 gallon tank

VorTech ™ MP10 | EcoTech Marine

If you like lps & soft corals, even one can be lots of flow, I have one in my RSM 250

Great pumps & addition

Remembers this is over 10 times a stock pump 146 gph