Search results

1. ost911

good hair algae eater 30g cube

in going to my lfs today to pick up somthing that will eat hair algae. i have very little but i dont want it to get out of control. ive got a mixed reef with friendly fish, sixline, maroon clown, and a diamond goby. any sugestions guys>?
  2. ost911

spider web looking thing

hello all! here lately ive noticed 2 spider web looking things growing on a large peice of live rock. they look to have thin light pink tenticals with little bubbles on its tips. i poked it with a wooden dowel and it closes up and looks like a slimy pink booger. they are small about the...
  3. ost911

hydor smart wave

hello reefers! i was curious tosee if anyone has used one, i was browsing on youtube and seen a review on it. looks like a pretty good controller, you can buy the smart wave and a powerhead for under 100 bucks!!! post up if you own one! lemme know what ya think ab out it.
  4. ost911

maintaining a FOWLR 500g+

hello all! I went to a local car dealership today to look around and waste some time. I was unaware that they had a huge FOWLR DT set up my guess is 500g prob more. it was the worse tank ive ever seen! it litterally looked like they put 150 pissed cats inside for months, and an awful algae...
  5. ost911

Softie ID

Picked this up today, not sure what it is or where to place it in my tank. Thanks! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  6. ost911

Ost911's BC HQI thread

Well I'm about to introduce my Biocube 29 HQI. My wonderful gf started it all! Last year she asked me what I wanted for v day, I replied a fish tank for boy's pirate room! So v day comes and I got one, not what I expected tho. It was a fish bowl filled with candy, and a fish balloon floating...
  7. ost911

Alveopora?

I think I bought some alveopora, I really liked the way it looked and for $60 I couldn't pass it up for the size! Does anyone here have any? Just curious to where it would be happy under 150 w MH? Pics to come as soon as it opens up!
  8. ost911

Where can I brag about my LFS????

Hello! Like the title says I wanna talk about my LFS and post some pictures!
  9. ost911

Frogspawn

Mine look way bigger than any other I've seen Just a bad grade? Or what?..
  10. ost911

Everyone post your ride!

Let's get this going! Post a pic or ten lol list mods and info! 2000 Subaru 2.5 rs Agx struts Old hks super sport springs Whiteline 24mm rear sway UEL header Stock exhaust Syms 17x8 Rolled fenders. I know it's not the best looking or fastest car on the road buy I love it! I saved it from...
  11. ost911

Aquatic life internal mini skimmer

Howdy ppl. I have a bc 29 hqi. I've been reading and searching for a good decent priced protein skimmer. This is what I've found, seems to have good reviews, and it fits in the first chamber of my cube! Aquatic Life Internal Mini Skimmer 115 Nano Protein Skimmer Small...
  12. ost911

Bta not so bubbly

Hello all!!! I've had my rbta in my 29 bc hqi for about a month now. When I brought him home from my LFS he was doing great, awesome color, nice bubbly tips, found his spot half way up the rock work and made home. since he has been hosting John wayne (my maroon clown). In the last couple...
  13. ost911

Hello from ost!

Hello everyone! Im Bryan, a newb in the reef tank game. Ive been lurking for months, searching threads, looking and learning! ive got to say, this is a great forum! Lots of knowledgeable people! About 10 months ago me and my girlfriend found out that we were pregnant.(i say we...