Aquatic life internal mini skimmer

Since it seems you have the lid off on your Biocube, you might want to try the AquaC Nano Remora. It uses spray injection so there's no venturi nozzle to fiddle with. All you have to do is raise or lower the skimmer cup. The skimmer cup at the lowest setting fills up in less than 48 hours.

With the Sunpod 150w light, you can't even see the skimmer. I love it. $140 new.

Attachments

• IMG032.jpg
    IMG032.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG033.jpg
    IMG033.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG034.jpg
    IMG034.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 83

ost911

Thanks but I've already got my LFS holding one for me! I just can't get it till I get paid Friday. Sucks being broke!

I don't know dude, the skimmer you're purchasing just looks like too much work having to jam it in there. What happens when you need to clean the unit? You can't. Also, it looks like it interferes with the flow of water, meaning you'll have to keep your water level in the cube very high. I guess for the price, it's probably worth a shot. I think you could find a more powerful skimmer for a similar price on craigslist. Just because the store is holding it for you doesn't mean you still have to buy it.

cjrudy

I used this skimmer for a year in my 29g biocube and it worked well. Had it in the first chamber. Ultimately any skimmer in a small tank can only do so much, you will benefit more from weekly water changes

catran

Got the skimmer Friday! Install was easy, and quality seemed great!

Let me know how well it works. I can use one of these in my JBJ Nanocube if it works well. The cheap one AI bought isn't very good.

I love reefers...

catran

Looks great! Wow, it really started skimming fast. Is there any way you can measure the body to see if I can get it in my JBJ? I hope it's not too wide.

I love reefers...

tnwillia

Hey Cat, SteveT isn't showing it as an option in the JBJ. Ask him if he's tried it, I'd think it would fit unless the back is way different than the BC29. Good luck!

Nano Cube 28

catran

Aww, man! I don't want to have to buy a HOB skimmer. I'll email Steve. Thanks A bunch Tom!

I love reefers...