Hello from ost!

ost911

Hello everyone!

Im Bryan, a newb in the reef tank game.

Ive been lurking for months, searching threads, looking and learning! ive got to say, this is a great forum! Lots of knowledgeable people!

About 10 months ago me and my girlfriend found out that we were pregnant.(i say we cause i swear i gained 20 lbs) so we started the boys room, we chose pirates. Ever see pirates without the sea? i havent. we had to start him a saltwater tank!

I chose a biocube hqi 29. It seems to be a pretty good tank. I think the protein skimmer could be better, along with the fan on the metal halide.

My setup. 30 lbs sand, 18-22lbs fiji live rock. pualsing xeina, green bubble, green zoas, frogspawn, fuzzy green mushroom, rose bubble tip, green bubble tip, baby maroon clown, mandarin, and a sixline.

Ive recentaly lost a moroon clown, a red and white coco worm and 3 peps. the culprit = Cheap floating thermometer, i guess the peice of paper that the temp is printed on came loose, it was reading 76-77 degrees, was 82 degrees with a good digital thermometer.

1z5m876.jpg

Thanks for having me!!! more pictures to come!!!
Bryan

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Big welcome buddy n nice present for the pirate. Why so little rock tho?

........sps smells familiar.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Oh n 82 shouldn't kill a fish if changed gradually. What else is it?

ost911

Big welcome buddy n nice present for the pirate. Why so little rock tho?

Thanks!

honestly, i need and want more rock! ive just got a decent bit of coral stuck all over the place and i dont wanna hurt them.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Congrats on the upcoming birth !

ost911

Oh n 82 shouldn't kill a fish if changed gradually. What else is it?

Thats the only thing that stood out to me. and it all hapened in like 1-2 days. my waters good, i do often water changes.

Nothing has died b4 and nothing has died since, about a month ago.

Time to go play work.

ost911

thanks everyone!!!! on average how much rock - water ratio? i want my bio filtration where it needs to be!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Most suggest 1 to 1 & 1/2 pound of LR per gallon, depending on how porous the LR is... my tanks are closer to 1 pound

ost911

i need to buy more rock then!!!! ive been putting this off cause everything is grown into place. any tips on rearanging ??