spider web looking thing

ost911

hello all!

here lately ive noticed 2 spider web looking things growing on a large peice of live rock. they look to have thin light pink tenticals with little bubbles on its tips. i poked it with a wooden dowel and it closes up and looks like a slimy pink booger.

they are small about the size of a quarter when open, and so lightly colored that they dont even show up on a picture. thanks!

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Could b a Majano can u get a pic.

.............stay thirsty my friend.

ost911

i couldnt get a good picture of the ones i started this thread about. looked and found another. so i have 3 of them. one in full light on top of my lr, one about half way down on the side of the lr, and the one pictured was in the shade. i moved the rock to take a pic.

they do kinds resemble a nem but ive never seen another so??? i will get the dig camara out and take a good picture after my tank settles i did a wc about 15 mins ago.

ost911

heres a picture with a decent cam. its closed

15fgd3s.jpg

dmatt88

Maybe its my old eyes or my phone but don't see it.

dmatt88

Looks like a booger. Ya got me stumped pal!

sk8rdn

If you're talking about the milky white glob, its usually some die off from when rock is transferred to a new tank. Is this a new rock recently added?

....Insert Funny Signoff Here....

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Could also be a type of foraminifera

foraminifera.jpg

not really good... but both in a new tank when very small usually die off as their food source are consumed from what I have read